LRAD Corporation, the world’s leading provider of acoustic hailing devices (AHDs), announced that a LRAD 1000X system mounted on a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter was deployed by the Colombian Air Force recently in their “Audacity and Will” campaign. The main component of the campaign was the use of the LRAD 1000X to communicate demobilization messages to guerrillas hidden in Colombia’s rain forests.
Colombia’s Minister of Defense, Mr. Rodrigo Rivera, launched the campaign in late June that seeks to return guerrillas back to civilian life after years of living in and conducting combat operations from jungle locations. Senior operational commanders from the Colombian Air Force, Army, Navy and National Police joined Mr. Rivera in launching the campaign.
The Company’s proprietary Long Range Acoustic Device(R) systems broadcast powerful multi-language hails and instructions enabling military personnel to clearly communicate over distance on the ground, over water, or from the air. Utilizing advanced sound reproduction technologies and innovative acoustic material, the LRAD 1000X can broadcast highly intelligible voice communications over distances up to 3 kilometers.
“Helicopter-mounted LRAD systems are highly effective in quickly covering large areas with voice communications and instructions,” commented Tom Brown, president and CEO of LRAD Corporation. “This is another innovative use of airborne LRADs.”
About LRAD Corporation LRAD Corporation’s Long Range Acoustic Device(R) (LRAD(R)) directional communication systems are being used around the world in diverse applications including fixed and mobile military deployments, maritime security, critical infrastructure and perimeter security, commercial security, border and port security, law enforcement and emergency responder communications, and wildlife preservation and control. For more information about the Company and its LRAD systems, please visit www.lradx.com .
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- DynCorp Awarded UH-60 Contractor Logistics Support Services Task Order
- Philippines orders 15 Black Hawks
- NY National Guard honours UH-60 crash aircrew
- 02-Feb-21 (tba) Sikorsky UH-60 Lucky Peak, US-Idaho (3F)
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for Electro-Optical Sensor Mount
- 31-Dec-20 J-1902 Sikorsky UH-60M Istanbul, Turkey
- CAE win $90M US Army training contract
- Maine Army National Guard works closer with community leaders
- Wisconsin National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk aircrews hold training at Fort McCoy
- 27-Aug-20 ??-????? Sikorsky MH-60M San Clemente Island, US-California (2F)
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Helinet enters firefighting market with UH-60 contract win
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Simplex awarded FAA certification for Internal Fire Attack System
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky