L-3 Avionics Systems announced today that sales of their collision avoidance systems have surpassed 15,000 units. The SkyWatchÂ® collision avoidance system was the first active traffic detection system certified for general aviation and is widely used in light aircraft, helicopters and business jets. Midland Instruments, an L-3 Avionics Systems dealer since September 2008, purchased the milestone SKY899 SkyWatch HP system, for installation in a Perimeter Aviation Fairchild SA226. SkyWatch will be on display this week at AirVenture in the L-3 booth, #3109, Hangar C.
“L-3 makes a high-quality product,” said Vince Scott, president of Midland Instruments. “We have installed numerous SkyWatch systems over the years for a variety of customers. The single-antenna, top-mount install works especially well for Perimeterâ€™s fleet.”
“SkyWatch continues to be a market leader in cockpit traffic monitoring since its debut nearly 15 years ago.” said Larry Riddle, vice president of business development for L-3 Avionics Systems. “With continued product development, including upcoming ADS-B integration for SkyWatch HP, L-3 is maintaining its position as a leading provider of proven collision avoidance systems.”
The SkyWatch Collision Avoidance System and the more powerful SkyWatch HP provide high-accuracy onboard traffic detection for aircraft, ranging from single-engine piston planes to light business jets. The SkyWatch series is certified and in use with almost every major display manufacturer and able to fulfill TCAS I requirements if installed with a TCAS-certified antenna and display, making it appropriate for a wide range of cockpit configurations and flight profiles.
Key SkyWatch features include:
Self-calibrating antenna that constantly maintains the bearing accuracy of tracked targets and offers the most precise traffic positioning information
Verbal Intruder Positioning (VIP) feature announces range, bearing and relative altitude of intruder aircraft through the cockpitâ€™s audio system
Unmatched 5-Year Warranty
“Look Up/Look Down” altitude display mode to highlight specific layers of relative altitude range â€” useful during climbs, descents and takeoff
Midland Instruments Ltd (MIL) was incorporated in December 2007. Key players in this company have impressive backgrounds with many years in the aviation industry. Several have been manning key positions in large avionics companies and have been successfully selling and installing varying avionics products for many years.
Perimeter Aviation is a diversified airline company operating a Class 2 scheduled air service in Manitoba, a flight training school, charter and Medivac Services, a fuel depot in Northern Manitoba and a full service maintenance facility. The largest independent passenger airline in Manitoba, Perimeter Aviation is also by far the largest carrier in Manitoba, in terms of number of aircraft, number of pilots and number of flights.
L-3 Avionics Systems has been helping pilots fly for more than 45 years. The company provides a wide array of avionics technologies designed to improve situational awareness and enhance safety, such as the GH-3000 electronic and J.E.T.Â® standby instruments, the SkyWatchÂ® Collision Avoidance System, the StormscopeÂ® Weather Mapping System and the Trilogyâ„¢ Electronic Standby Instrument, among others. For more information, please visit the companyâ€™s website at www.L-3avionics.com.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual