Intermountain Healthcare in Salt Lake City, Utah recently received the first of five Grand New helicopters with a US-certified emergency medical service interior designed by Spectrum Aeromed.
Spectrum Aeromed created a customized EMS interior for Intermountainâ€™s Grand New helicopter that features a state-of-the-art single-patient stretcher platform, a secondary foldable and stowable patient stretcher, as well as comprehensive advanced life support packages comprised of medical oxygen, suction, compressed air and an electric inverter.
The dedicated EMS configuration has modular capabilities, which makes it easy for the medical team and pilots to interchange the components as specific emergency needs arise without the need for on-site mechanics. The air ambulance equipment is also interchangeable with Intermountainâ€™s other aircraft in the Life Flight fleet.
â€œWe couldnâ€™t be more pleased about the solutions Spectrum Aeromed developed for us. When lives are at stake minutes count, so the fact that anyone on our flight crew can install or remove any of our air ambulance equipment and move it from one aircraft to another means weâ€™re up in the air that much sooner. This flexibility enhances safety and quality of patient care,â€ says Jerry Morrison, Executive Director of Intermountain Life Flight.
Spectrum Aeromed is collaborating with AgustaWestland in Italy, AgustaWestland Philadelphia Corporation in Philadelphia, PA and RSG AeroDesign, LLC in Fort Worth, TX to outfit this and four more Grand New helicopters for Intermountainâ€™s Life Flight fleet.
ABOUT SPECTRUM AEROMED: Spectrum Aeromed is a leading global designer and manufacturer of custom air medical and air ambulance equipment for fixed and rotor wing aircraft. The company is qualified to produce specialized life support solutions for air, ground and marine support applications. Spectrum Aeromed holds more than 55 Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) covering more than 390 models of aircraft. Spectrum Aeromed is headquartered in Fargo, ND with a 14,500-square-foot manufacturing facility.
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- Chilean customers order AW119Kx and AW109 Trekker
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Chinese fleet grows stronger with orders for additional 26 helicopters
- P&WC Introduces a Certified Pre-Owned Engine Program