The advanced Mi-171M helicopter to be produced by JSC Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (JSC U-UAP), which is a part of Russian Helicopters holding, now is officially named Mi-171A2.
The helicopter is being developed by JSC MMHP within the framework of the project, approved by the Russian helicopter building holding Russian Helicopters. Up to date the helicopter had just only designation code Mi-171M. The new aircraft is being developed on the basis of Mi-171A1 helicopter being produced by JSC U-UAP which is certified by ARIAC (Aviation Register of Interstate Aviation Comittee) and CTA (Brazil) and is one of the most up-to-date helicopters in respect of safety level in the Mi-8/171 family.
It is planned to implement on the helicopter a more powerful engine unit, composite main rotor blades, reinforced transmission, X-type tail rotor, integrated flight and navigation system (â€œglass cockpitâ€) and a number of other significant upgrades. Total of more than 80 various innovations will be introduced into the helicopter design, which will allow improving helicopter performance, enhancing maintenance system, reducing flight hour cost.
â€œRussian Helicopterâ€ holding has completed Mi-171A2 upgraded helicopter technical image specification in November 2010; commercial and state operators of Mi-8/17 helicopters type took part in the development of this helicopter. This project began in 2009. It is planned to complete development works, tests and certification of the new helicopter by the end of 2013. Mi-171A2 helicopter is planned to be certified as per ARIAC airworthiness requirements. Certification of the helicopter in other countries also is planned.
Mi-171A2 helicopter is an advanced helicopter developed on basis of Mi-171A1 helicopter produced by JSC Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant. The helicopter will have improved power plant and transmission, new rotor system, modernized complex of avionics, better performance and serviceability, new maintenance system and service. The helicopter is planned to be certified as per AP-29 standards. The project of development and serial manufacturing application of the Mi-171A2 helicopter is carried out by JSC Russian Helicopters. The helicopterâ€™s designer is JSC Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant. According to provisional schedule, the serial manufacturing of the Mi-171A2 helicopter will start at JSC Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant in 2014.
Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant, JSC â€“ one of Russian Helicopters enterprises. The modern manufacturing and technological capacities of the Plant makes it possible to quickly start production of new aircraft types and combine the manufacture of prototypes and mass production. Over 8000 aircraft have been built over the 70-year history of the Plant. Today it produces the Mi-171, Mi-171A1, and Mi-171Sh helicopters.
- NeoXCraft designers VRCO sign agreement with ConnectJets
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets