The Waypoint AirMed & Rescue conference, airshow and exhibition that was due to take place in September has been rescheduled to May 2012. The venue remains unchanged as London Oxford Airport, UK.Â The official line from Ian Cameron, event chairman and Waypoint magazine editor-in-chief, is:Â â€œWe want the event to be the best we can make it for all attending. In this case, that means moving from September to May 2012 to better fit with the industry calendar. The Voyageur team will continue working to make the next Waypoint event a great educational and networking opportunity for the aeromedical and air rescue community.â€
The event website is at www.airmedandrescue.com and we expect they will catch up soon and update every page to the new 2012 details – as we report this, the Exhibition, Exhibition Plan, and Event ProgrammeÂ pages still refer to 2011 but no doubt these will be updated shortly in line with all the other pages on the site.
In our experience, the re-timing of an event like this is usually due to lack of people signing up for the original dates.Â We can only wonder what the level of organisation is like inside Waypoint’s office after we received not one but two emails yesterday regarding this “re-schedule”.Â Firstly they told us it was May 8-9 and then an hour later another email to say it isn’t May 8-9 after all, but May 1-2 2012.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry