The Bolivian Air Force has taken delivery of two Robinson R44 helicopters, and are expecting a further four by the end of 2011. Carrying serials FAB-760 and FAB-761, the pair are based at ChimorÃ© and operated by the newly-formed Air Group 22. They will offer a significantly cheaper training cost to the South American country, which previously carried out ab initio training on turbine helicopters, and frequently relied on out-of-country options.
An inauguration ceremony for Air Training Group 22 was attended by the State President, Evo Morales, the Minister of Defense and the Military High Command.Â THe first intake for the new flying school will see eight Bolivian officers and two Venezuelans learning to fly, showing from the start that Bolivia intends foreign nationals to have access as well.
The commander of the Bolivian Air Force, General Tito Gandarillas explained that the acquisition time to determine the aircraft was desirable to establish a pilot school will be the basis for officers and cadets of the Military Aviation School receive instruction in helicopters and forming part of the new plans that have FAB to modernize.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Philippine National Police Chooses R44s for Training
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- HQ Aviation gains approval as RR300 Authorized Service Center
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- 26-Feb-19 G-HWKS Robinson R44 Sketrick Island, UK
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 30-Jan-19 N484AB Robinson R44 Uvalde, US-Texas
- 01-Jan-19 PR-RMZ Robinson R44 Ubatuba, Brazil (1F)
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- 16-Dec-18 N803PT Robinson R44 Pontiac, US-Michigan
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- 02-Nov-18 G-FLYX Robinson R44 Denham, UK
- 30-Sep-18 N440SH Robinson R44 Westminster, US-Maryland
- Heliport of Russia delivers R44 with autopilot
- Universities Order More R44 Cadets
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet