Eurocopter, the worldâ€™s leading helicopter manufacturer and part of the EADS Group, has established a new international customer technical support centre, based in Dublinâ€™s International Financial Services Centre.Â Â The creation of Eurocopter International Services (EIS) represents a major step in the development of Eurocopterâ€™s activities in Ireland and will contribute to the achievement of the Groupâ€™s Vision 2020 objective.
Patrick Berthier, CEO of Eurocopter International Services, and Donough Tierney, Vice President of EADS International Development, highlighted the willingness of Eurocopter and EADS to strengthen their links with Ireland and support the countryâ€™s ambitions to become a centre for specialist support within the global aviation industry.
â€œThe new Dublin operation will give Eurocopter a greater flexibility and efficiency in responding to its customersâ€™ technical support needs,â€ explained Eurocopterâ€™s Berthier. â€œPreviously, each Eurocopter entity throughout the world had its own technical assistance structure. EIS will centralize the management of this â€“ from recruitment to training, and the follow-up qualification and deployment to clientâ€™s sites. This new customer support center will work with Eurocopter subsidiaries throughout the world to support their needs.â€
EADSâ€™ Tierney added: “Our company has a long and proud association with Ireland. Airbus has had an aviation leasing business in Ireland for many years, and EADS invested recently in Dublin Aerospace Ltd. a new aircraft maintenance company. It is fantastic to able to be involved with two new businesses. On top of this Ireland is one of the few countries in the world to have a Memorandum of Understanding with the EADS Group.”
Welcoming the establishment of the EADS / Eurocopter technical support centre, IDA Ireland CEO Barry Oâ€™Leary said â€œIDA Ireland worked closely with EADS for a number of years to secure this investment for Ireland.Â The company was attracted to Ireland due to the availability of technical and multi-lingual talent, the pro-business environment and the strong track record of international service centres here.
This is great news and builds on the EADS presence in Ireland, which first established its Airbus financial company in the IFSC in 1992.Â I would like to congratulate the management team for winning this investment and wish to offer IDAâ€™s continued support as it ramps up its international business from Ireland,â€ concluded Mr Oâ€™Leary.
The new centre will offer a harmonized and reactive response to the companyâ€™s customers worldwide. This operational hub providing technical assistance to state-of-the-art helicopters around the world places customerâ€™s expectations at the heart of Eurocopterâ€™s technical support organization.Â By gathering the technical representatives in a single entity, Eurocopter offers a reliable and efficient answer toÂ more complex customerâ€™s needs
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020