Dr. David Lockey, London’s Air Ambulance Consultant & Trustee and Research & Development lead, was made Honorary Professor of Trauma and Prehospital Emergency Medicine by the University of Bristol.
This is believed to be the only Professorial appointment in the UK in the new medical speciality of Prehospital Emergency Medicine. The General Medical Council have now approved, as of 1st August 2011, Prehospital Emergency Medicine as a subspecialty of Anaesthesia and Emergency Medicine.
Professor David Lockey joined us in 1997 and has played a significant role in driving the delivery of advanced Prehospital Care to patients throughout the UK. Professor David Lockey is also an Honorary Senior Research Fellow at Queen Mary College London and has written many papers in the field of Prehospital Trauma Care.
As a leading Prehospital Emergency Medicine provider, we have trained hundreds of doctors and paramedics in this field since we started in 1989. Doctors are recruited from across the world and the model where doctors join us for six months and paramedics for nine ensures that we can train many more in the future. Over the years we have invested a lot of time and energy in this field over the years and we are delighted that this is now a recognised subspecialty in medicine.
Commenting on the appointment, Professor David Lockey said: “I am grateful to Bristol University for appointing me as an Honorary Professor. London’s Air Ambulance has been leading in clinical Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine for many years and we are delighted that the subspecialty has now been formally recognised. I am really looking forward to working with our partners to set up research projects which have real potential to improve the early treatment of trauma patients.”
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform