Dr. David Lockey, London’s Air Ambulance Consultant & Trustee and Research & Development lead, was made Honorary Professor of Trauma and Prehospital Emergency Medicine by the University of Bristol.
This is believed to be the only Professorial appointment in the UK in the new medical speciality of Prehospital Emergency Medicine. The General Medical Council have now approved, as of 1st August 2011, Prehospital Emergency Medicine as a subspecialty of Anaesthesia and Emergency Medicine.
Professor David Lockey joined us in 1997 and has played a significant role in driving the delivery of advanced Prehospital Care to patients throughout the UK. Professor David Lockey is also an Honorary Senior Research Fellow at Queen Mary College London and has written many papers in the field of Prehospital Trauma Care.
As a leading Prehospital Emergency Medicine provider, we have trained hundreds of doctors and paramedics in this field since we started in 1989. Doctors are recruited from across the world and the model where doctors join us for six months and paramedics for nine ensures that we can train many more in the future. Over the years we have invested a lot of time and energy in this field over the years and we are delighted that this is now a recognised subspecialty in medicine.
Commenting on the appointment, Professor David Lockey said: “I am grateful to Bristol University for appointing me as an Honorary Professor. London’s Air Ambulance has been leading in clinical Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine for many years and we are delighted that the subspecialty has now been formally recognised. I am really looking forward to working with our partners to set up research projects which have real potential to improve the early treatment of trauma patients.”
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra