The International Helicopter Safety Team (IHST) announced that it has launched social media profiles in an effort to increase awareness about the organizationâ€™s goal to reduce the civil helicopter accident rate by 80 per cent by 2016. American Eurocopter created the profiles in Facebook and Twitter, and has worked with IHST on the development of a social media strategy.
â€œWe would like to thank American Eurocopter for their input and efforts to create our social media presence,â€ said Kim Smith, manager of the FAA Rotorcraft Directorate and Government Co-Chair of the IHST. â€œThis is an important effort for IHST and through the support of industry leaders like American Eurocopter, we are able to further promote our goals and safety initiatives.â€
The IHST social media pages provide the global helicopter community with instant access to useful safety toolkits and videos, reports and safety recommendations, and relevant news and event information focused on benefiting helicopter operations. The Facebook and Twitter profiles are also a great platform for the industry community to ask helicopter safety questions and share the experiences and information.
â€œAmerican Eurocopter gladly accepted the opportunity to help create and establish social media profiles, communication strategy and action plan for IHST,â€ said Brenda Reuland, American Eurocopter Vice President of Communications and Public Relations. â€œSocial media has been a valuable tool for us to keep in touch with our customers, fans and followers, and it is a logical place for IHST to generate awareness about its initiatives and increase safety education throughout the global community.â€
American Eurocopter launched its own social media pages during the Heli-Expo 2011 and has been growing its social media follower base ever since. AEâ€™s social media communications include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles, and social media has been a great avenue for the company to communicate with the customers and followers.
In addition to the assistance with social media, American Eurocopter has been involved with IHST in other projects which help to create understanding about helicopter safety and accident reduction. Since safety has been always a priority for American Eurocopter Corporation, we [they] frequently assist IHST with promoting its messages and support its operations.
â€œLikeâ€ the IHST Facebook page and join the IHST Twitter page to become active in the IHST social media community and provide the crucial input in helicopter safety and accident reduction rate.
VisitÂ www.ihst.org web site for more information:
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, the second largest aerospace and defense company in the world. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. American Eurocopterâ€™s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS.
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order