The International Helicopter Safety Team (IHST) announced that it has launched social media profiles in an effort to increase awareness about the organizationâ€™s goal to reduce the civil helicopter accident rate by 80 per cent by 2016. American Eurocopter created the profiles in Facebook and Twitter, and has worked with IHST on the development of a social media strategy.
â€œWe would like to thank American Eurocopter for their input and efforts to create our social media presence,â€ said Kim Smith, manager of the FAA Rotorcraft Directorate and Government Co-Chair of the IHST. â€œThis is an important effort for IHST and through the support of industry leaders like American Eurocopter, we are able to further promote our goals and safety initiatives.â€
The IHST social media pages provide the global helicopter community with instant access to useful safety toolkits and videos, reports and safety recommendations, and relevant news and event information focused on benefiting helicopter operations. The Facebook and Twitter profiles are also a great platform for the industry community to ask helicopter safety questions and share the experiences and information.
â€œAmerican Eurocopter gladly accepted the opportunity to help create and establish social media profiles, communication strategy and action plan for IHST,â€ said Brenda Reuland, American Eurocopter Vice President of Communications and Public Relations. â€œSocial media has been a valuable tool for us to keep in touch with our customers, fans and followers, and it is a logical place for IHST to generate awareness about its initiatives and increase safety education throughout the global community.â€
American Eurocopter launched its own social media pages during the Heli-Expo 2011 and has been growing its social media follower base ever since. AEâ€™s social media communications include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles, and social media has been a great avenue for the company to communicate with the customers and followers.
In addition to the assistance with social media, American Eurocopter has been involved with IHST in other projects which help to create understanding about helicopter safety and accident reduction. Since safety has been always a priority for American Eurocopter Corporation, we [they] frequently assist IHST with promoting its messages and support its operations.
â€œLikeâ€ the IHST Facebook page and join the IHST Twitter page to become active in the IHST social media community and provide the crucial input in helicopter safety and accident reduction rate.
VisitÂ www.ihst.org web site for more information:
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, the second largest aerospace and defense company in the world. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. American Eurocopterâ€™s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats