AME Unmanned Systems, a Chandler/May, Inc. company, and AAI Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), an operating unit of Textron Systems, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today that the two companies have entered into a strategic alliance agreement regarding unmanned systems development.
“AAI and Chandler/May have enjoyed a long, successful working relationship for several years,” says President and Chief Executive Officer John Purvis of AME Unmanned Systems. “This new endeavor is a natural next step considering the combined UAS experience and expertise of both AAI UAS and AME Unmanned Systems.”
Under the agreement, the companies have agreed to work together to provide a more comprehensive UAS offering to U.S. and international customers by exploring solutions for electronic warfare and other special missions. The two companies also intend to work together on integration of AME’s FuryÂ® UAS with AAI’s UAS launcher and ground control products.
“We share the goal of supporting the warfighter with the broadest set of capabilities possible,” says Senior Vice President and General Manager Steven Reid of AAI UAS. “Our collaboration will enable us to rapidly deliver on a wider range of customer requirements and help our end users achieve greater mission success.”
About AAI Unmanned Aircraft Systems
AAI Unmanned Aircraft Systems has designed, manufactured and fielded combat-proven unmanned aircraft systems for more than 25 years. AAI’s multi-mission capable unmanned aircraft and interoperable command and control technologies provide critical situational awareness and actionable intelligence for users worldwide. Its Australia-based strategic business, Aerosonde Pty Ltd, is a manufacturer of small unmanned aircraft systems. AAI Unmanned Aircraft Systems is an operating unit of Textron Systems. More information is available atÂ www.aaicorp.com.
About Textron Systems
Textron Systems has been providing innovative solutions to the defense, homeland security and aerospace communities for more than 50 years. Headquartered in Wilmington, Mass., the company is known for its unmanned aircraft systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, intelligence software solutions, precision smart weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total life cycle sustainment and operational services. Textron Systems includes AAI Logistics & Technical Services, AAI Test & Training, AAI Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Advanced Systems, Aerosonde, ESL Defence, Lycoming Engines, Medical Numerics, MillenWorks, Overwatch, Textron Defense Systems and Textron Marine & Land Systems. More information is available atwww.textronsystems.com.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available atÂ www.textron.com.
About AME Unmanned Air Systems
AME UAS, headquartered in San Luis Obispo CA, is a leading provider of Unmanned Aircraft Systems. The company specializes in the design, test, production, and support of unmanned systems. After designing and producing the US Air Force’s first small UAV system, the company has since delivered over 1500 aircraft to U.S. and Allied forces. Unique in the industry for its agility and breadth of capability, AME UAS focuses on innovative turnkey solutions to support the Warfighter and to meet unique mission and customer requirements.Â www.ameuas.com
ChandlerMay is a System Integration and Tactical Product Development company that has delivered hundreds of Command and Control (C2) shelters and rugged computing systems to the Defense and Aerospace Markets. These military systems designed and built by ChandlerMay include the development and production of tactical ground control shelters, custom C2 systems on air defense control platforms, portable ground control stations, tactical equipment test stations, UAV flight and payload computers, and field-rugged system simulators and trainers.Â www.chandlermay.com
Fury is a registered trademark of AME Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics