At MAKS-2011 International Aviation and Space Salon Russian Helicopters holding company signed two macrocontracts for delivery of Mi-171 helicopters produced by JSC Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (JSC U-UAP). According to the agreements achieved, 40 helicopters of Mi-171 type are planned to be delivered to JSC UTair Aviation, 39 helicopters of Mi-8 type – Gaspromavia Aviation Company Ltd. The both contracts were concluded on 17 August in the presence of Chairman of the Government of Russia Vladimir Putin, who visited the exhibition and exposition of Russian Helicopters holding company on that day.
The previous joint macrocontract with UTair for 40 Mi-171 helicopters was completed in September 2010. All helicopters were produced and supplied before the scheduled dates.
According to the new contract, another 40 Mi-171 helicopters will be delivered to UTair in 2012-2013. For further successful development of new helicopter services markets the UTair needs the helicopters, which meet the high requirements of customers. In this regard, the new certified Mi-171 helicopters are planned to be produced and delivered in more complex configuration than the previous batch. It is planned that they will be heavily involved in works to the benefit of enterprises of gas and oil complex and UN missions in various regions of the world.
39 Mi-8AMT helicopters (export designation Mi-171E) are planned to be delivered to Gaspromavia Aviation Company Ltd. in 2012-2016. The aviation company already has huge experience of operation of helicopters produced by JSC U-UAP, but such large batch will be supplied at the first time. Gaspromavia Aviation Company Ltd. also placed high demands on the helicopters configuration. The helicopters will be involved in one of the most difficult types of helicopters operation – flights to offshore oil rigs.
Mi-171 helicopters of JSC U-UAP production are in stable demand on global aviation market. At MAKS-2011 International Aviation and Space Salon the enterprise’s products were presented by four helicopters of Mi-171 type in different variants. As a part of joint exposition of the Russian helicopter building holding company on static display there were presented Mi-171… helicopter in VIP-variant of JSC Air Company Vertical-’, as well as Mi-171… (Mi-8Ð‚ÐŠ’) helicopter with special equipment, which belong to Federal Customs Service of Russia.
Russian Air Force on their static display presented Mi-8Ð‚ÐŠ’Sh troop-carrying helicopter supplied by JSC U-UAP under government’s defence order in May 2011 to one of MoD bases. Besides, produced by the plant Mi-171E (Mi-8AMT) helicopter of Aviation Center of Special Purpose Center of Reaction Forces of Ministry of Interior of Russia took part in the aero show’s flight program. That helicopter was involved in anti-terrorist actions enact demonstrated at MAKS-2011.
Leonid Belykh, Managing Director of JSC U-UAP, noted significance of the aero show for business of the enterprise: “MAKS-2011 has become especially productive for U-UAP. We received two large orders for helicopters; advanced Mi-171A2 helicopter, which is planned to be produced by U-UAP, was shown to the public at large. Well coordinated work brings its results”.
On exhibition stand of Russian Helicopters holding company at a scale of 1:10 there was presented a model of advanced Mi-171Ð‚2 helicopter. At the present time, it is being developed by JSC Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant. According to the plans of Russian Helicopters holding company, serial production of the helicopter may be arranged at JSC Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant from 2014.
- 25-Nov-20 RF-38376 Mil Mi-8MTV1 Volgograd, Russia
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- 20-Aug-20 RA-????? Mil Mi-8 Khakassia, Russia
- Volga-Dnepr delivers two Mi-8s for fire-fighting in Malaysia
- Mil Moscow and UTair-Engineering sign agreement for upgrading Mi-8/17
- 09-Feb-19 ET2015 Mil Mi-17V-5 Abyei, South Sudan (3F)
- Ukrainian Air Forces Returns Rare Mi-8 into Service
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Ukraine Tests New Helicopter Missile Oskol
- Russian Defence Ministry Looks towards Arctic Mi-38 Variant
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-8 Maritime Territory, Russia
- UTair selects Skytrac fleet monitoring for 46 Mi-8s
- Russian Helicopters assists Mi-8 overhaul in Cuba
- Russian Helicopters to unveil Mi-8MTV-5 with advanced features
- Russian Helicopters to demonstrate new Arctic Mi-8
- Bird Aerosystems to demo Airborne Missile Protection System at Farnborough
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- Serial Production of the MI-171A2 Will Begin in 2017
- Hungary decides against buying 30 Russian helicopters