Leaders at Howard Young Medical Center (HYMC) have announced the new helicopter pad on the medical campus in Woodruff is complete. The announcement caps months of work and is part of the ongoing efforts to maintain and enhance the care provided to area patients.
The new helipad is located adjacent to the Emergency Department. The location allows for greater clearance established in the latest Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) guidelines and positions the flight crew much closer to the emergency department entrance â€“ allowing for faster transfer of patients to and from the air ambulance.
Howard Young Medical Center held a dedication ceremony this last Friday.
â€œThe investment in the helicopter pad is an investment in the future of the hospital and supports excellence in emergency services for our community,â€ said Sheila Clough, HYMC President. Sheila Clough and Rick Brodhead MD, HYMC Emergency Department Physician, will speak at the dedication ceremony followed by a blessing of the helicopter pad. The Ministry Spirit Medical Transportation Services helicopter is expected to land shortly after the blessing.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team