Leaders at Howard Young Medical Center (HYMC) have announced the new helicopter pad on the medical campus in Woodruff is complete. The announcement caps months of work and is part of the ongoing efforts to maintain and enhance the care provided to area patients.
The new helipad is located adjacent to the Emergency Department. The location allows for greater clearance established in the latest Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) guidelines and positions the flight crew much closer to the emergency department entrance â€“ allowing for faster transfer of patients to and from the air ambulance.
Howard Young Medical Center held a dedication ceremony this last Friday.
â€œThe investment in the helicopter pad is an investment in the future of the hospital and supports excellence in emergency services for our community,â€ said Sheila Clough, HYMC President. Sheila Clough and Rick Brodhead MD, HYMC Emergency Department Physician, will speak at the dedication ceremony followed by a blessing of the helicopter pad. The Ministry Spirit Medical Transportation Services helicopter is expected to land shortly after the blessing.
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH