HÃ©lidax, the first public-private partnership (PPP) launched by the French Ministry of Defense in 2008, exceeded last June 20Â 000 flight hours on EC120 Colibri aircraft. A subsidiary of DCI and INAER, Helidax achieved this performance in less of 13 months of operation and trained two batches of trainees for the armed forces.
Helidaxâ€™s example brought the attention abroad. There had been significant interest by countries seduced by the quality and the performance of Helidax as well as DCIâ€™s capacity to transfer its military know-how abroad. A new military training school of helicopter pilots will be launched mid-September in Qatar, Doha with DCI, based on the Helidax model. Other countries like Kuwait, Chad, Malaysia and Brazil are also interested in training their crews and by all the services proposed by DCI in terms of maintenance activities.
Â«Â Helidaxâ€™s success, with an aircraft occupancy rate meeting 100% of the schoolâ€™s daily requirements, can be a model for future outsourcing projects in France but also for military or civilian market abroad. Â The private finance initiative of Helidax proves all the pertinence provided by additional revenues which lower the costs for the ministry of Defense, Â» said Jean-Louis Rotrubin,Â CEO of DCI and HÃ©lidax. Â«Â We receive many requests from foreign countries. The new training school in Qatar shows DCIâ€™s commitment to transfer its military know-how, including for outsourcing. DCI is a service provider fully involved from the beginning to the end of the contract.
The company was created in 1972 to assist military equipment sales to foreign countries. Its main mission consisted of providing operational training courses based on the know-how of the French Armed Forces.
DCI is an upper medium size service provider in which the French government is the concurring shareholder. DCI now operates throughout the defense and security spectrum. Culturally close to the Ministry of Defense, DCI offers outsourcing services to foreign countries, for :
- consulting and assistance throughout the life cycle of armament programs,
- training engineering in the academic, operational and technical fields.
Lastly, DCI and its subsidiaries have been partners of the French Armed Forces for 10 years within the scope of service contracts and are endeavouring to extend their activities to European Union countries.
- 12-Sep-20 N453F Airbus H120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- 11-Aug-20 N45?F Airbus H120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- 22-Nov-18 N124ML Airbus H120 La Romana, Dominican Republic (5F)
- Albuquerque Police look to replace EC120
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- 21-Mar-18 VH-WII Airbus EC120 Hardy Reef, Australia (2F)
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- San Jose City Council approves Airbus H125 to replace H120
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Baltimore Mayor proposes cutting one of four Police EC120s
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- Swedish Government resumes state-funded pilot training
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- New Additions to Superior Air Fleet
- JSSI Enrolls HeliAir Sweden Fleet
- HeliAir Sweden Replaces MD500s with EC120B
- New Thermal Imaging Camera funded by Winnipeg Police