The Finnish Defence Forces and Patria have signed an agreement on ballistic protection for NH90 helicopters. Patria will design and manufacture protective equipment for NH90 helicopters, which can be installed when operations so require. Ballistic protection shields both pilots and transported personnel during airlifts by the Armyâ€™s NH90 helicopters.
â€œThe ballistic protection project is a prime example of how Patriaâ€™s expertise and design knowledge gained during the assembly of NH90 helicopters can be used to improve the NH90 fleetâ€™s performance, while ensuring that the fleet can be used in all security situationsâ€, comments Lassi Matikainen, President of Patria Aviation.
The Finnish company FY-Composites Oy will supply the ballistic protection plates. Material technology developed by the company will be used in the protection platesâ€™ structures. The project will be implemented during 2012â€“2014.
Patria is a defence, security and aerospace group with international operations delivering its customers competitive solutions based on its own specialist know-how and partnerships. Patria is owned by the State of Finland and the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS N.V.
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Patria received a follow-on NH90 maintenance order
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions