RLC, the largest privately-held helicopter operator for the oil & gas industry in the Gulf of Mexico, today announced that it has secured a strategic investment from Sankaty Advisors, one of the nation’s leading private managers of fixed income and credit instruments. Terms of the private transaction were not disclosed.
Headquartered in Broussard, Louisiana, RLC provides complete helicopter services to the oil and gas industry throughout the Gulf region. The company also provides full-service helicopter maintenance to its fleet and customers.
â€œThis funding milestone gives RLC the financial stability necessary to allow the company to excel at providing the service our customers have come to rely upon,â€ said Rodger Bagwell, President, RLC. â€œSankatyâ€™s strategic, long-term approach to investing will be invaluable as we pursue our goals and work to realize our potential.â€
â€œThis investment reflects our strong confidence in the RLC team and business,â€ said Brett Lâ€™Esperance, Executive Vice President at Sankaty Advisors. â€œRLC has earned a position as the largest privately-held helicopter services company in the Gulf, and the team has distinguished itself through a passionate commitment to helping customers achieve their goals through exceptional service. We believe RLC is well positioned to attain the next level of customer value and market leadership.â€
RLC, the largest privately-held helicopter operator in the Gulf of Mexico, is committed to being the industryâ€™s most efficient and customer-focused company. Serving high-performance energy services providers and oil and gas producers, RLCâ€™s fleet of offshore-equipped helicopters transport personnel and equipment to offshore production platforms and drilling rigs with the highest levels of safety, performance and service. By going above and beyond every time, RLC helps its customers move their businesses forward. For more information, visit http://www.rlcllc.net.
About Sankaty Advisors
Sankaty Advisors, one of the nation’s leading private managers of fixed income and credit instruments, has approximately $18 billion in committed assets under management. With its flexible fund structures and patient capital, Sankaty has the ability to invest across the entire breadth of the capital structure, including senior debt, second lien, mezzanine/subordinated debt, preferred stock, and common equity co-investments. Headquartered in Boston, the firm has offices in London, New York and Chicago. www.sankaty.com
HeliHub.com editor observation – Sankaty’s website clearly states on its home page some information which is not even mentioned in the above press release : “Sankaty Advisors, LLC, the credit affiliate of Bain Capital, LLC, is one of the nation’s leading private managers of fixed income and credit instruments. With approximately $18 billion assets under management, Sankaty invests in a wide variety of securities and investments, including leveraged loans, high-yield bonds, distressed/stressed debt, mezzanine debt, structured products and equities.”
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee