During the China Helicopter Exposition in Tianjin, Turbomeca (Safran group), leading manufacturer of gas turbines for helicopters, announces the signature of a cooperation contract for 85 additional Arriel 2C engines with AVIC International (AVIC International Holding Corporation) under the witness of SAIC (South Aero-engine Industry Corporation). First deliveries are scheduled for 2012.
â€œIn the frame of our strategic cooperation implemented more than 30 years ago, I am glad to announce that AVIC and Turbomeca will pursue their fruitful cooperation with this new order.â€ said Olivier Andries, Turbomeca Chairman & CEO.
Arriel 2C engine
In 2005, a cooperation agreement was signed with AVIC (China Aviation Industry Corporation), for the delivery of more than 200 Arriel 2C under license.
Turbomeca in China
Turbomeca is continuing and creating even closer links between Chinese and French industries. Local presence and proximity support are reinforced with Turbomeca (Beijing) Helicopter Engines.Â Furthermore, Turbomeca performed industrial worksharing with Beijing Turbomeca Changkong, the first joint company between Turbomeca and an AVIC company, to assemble and tests the hydro-mechanical modules (HCU, FCU) of turbine engines. Powering more than 300 helicopters in China, Turbomeca is the local leading helicopter engine supplier: one helicopter out of two is equipped with Turbomeca engines or licensed products. Turbomeca has established ties with Chinese airframers HAIG (Harbin Aircraft Industries Group) & CAIG (Changhe Aircraft Industry Group), as well as with AVIC’s helicopter engine manufacturing entities Dongan and SAIC through various collaboration programs in the 2.5 to 7 ton helicopter market.
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers