During the China Helicopter Exposition in Tianjin, Turbomeca (Safran group), leading manufacturer of gas turbines for helicopters, announces the signature of a cooperation contract for 85 additional Arriel 2C engines with AVIC International (AVIC International Holding Corporation) under the witness of SAIC (South Aero-engine Industry Corporation). First deliveries are scheduled for 2012.
â€œIn the frame of our strategic cooperation implemented more than 30 years ago, I am glad to announce that AVIC and Turbomeca will pursue their fruitful cooperation with this new order.â€ said Olivier Andries, Turbomeca Chairman & CEO.
Arriel 2C engine
In 2005, a cooperation agreement was signed with AVIC (China Aviation Industry Corporation), for the delivery of more than 200 Arriel 2C under license.
Turbomeca in China
Turbomeca is continuing and creating even closer links between Chinese and French industries. Local presence and proximity support are reinforced with Turbomeca (Beijing) Helicopter Engines.Â Furthermore, Turbomeca performed industrial worksharing with Beijing Turbomeca Changkong, the first joint company between Turbomeca and an AVIC company, to assemble and tests the hydro-mechanical modules (HCU, FCU) of turbine engines. Powering more than 300 helicopters in China, Turbomeca is the local leading helicopter engine supplier: one helicopter out of two is equipped with Turbomeca engines or licensed products. Turbomeca has established ties with Chinese airframers HAIG (Harbin Aircraft Industries Group) & CAIG (Changhe Aircraft Industry Group), as well as with AVIC’s helicopter engine manufacturing entities Dongan and SAIC through various collaboration programs in the 2.5 to 7 ton helicopter market.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center