During the China Helicopter Exposition in Tianjin, Turbomeca (Safran group), leading manufacturer of gas turbines for helicopters, announces the signature of a new cooperation agreement on Arriel 2B1A with SAIC (South Aero-engine Industry Corporation) and AVIC International (AVIC International Holding Corporation). This cooperation includes engines deliveries which are scheduled in the course of 2012.
â€œOur cooperation in the range of light turbines is expending the scope of our joint perspectives, this engine under cooperation will power the AC311 and I am confident this new engine cooperation combined with the AC311 will meet a prompt success.â€ said Olivier Andries, chairman & CEO of Turbomeca.
Turbomeca in China
Turbomeca is continuing and creating even closer links between Chinese and French industries.Â Local presence and proximity support are reinforced with Turbomeca (Beijing) Helicopter Engines.Â Furthermore, Turbomeca performed industrial worksharing with Beijing Turbomeca Changkong, the first joint company between Turbomeca and an AVIC company, to assemble and tests the hydro-mechanical modules (HCU, FCU) of turbine engines.Â Powering more than 300 helicopters in China, Turbomeca is the local leading helicopter engine supplier: one helicopter out of two is equipped with Turbomeca engines or licensed products.Â Turbomeca has established ties with Chinese airframers HAIG (Harbin Aircraft Industries Group) & CAIG (Changhe Aircraft Industry Group), as well as with AVIC’s helicopter engine manufacturing entities Dongan and SAIC through various collaboration programs in the 2.5 to 7 ton helicopter market.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s