During the China Helicopter Exposition in Tianjin, Turbomeca (Safran group), leading manufacturer of gas turbines for helicopters, announces the signature of a new cooperation agreement on Arriel 2B1A with SAIC (South Aero-engine Industry Corporation) and AVIC International (AVIC International Holding Corporation). This cooperation includes engines deliveries which are scheduled in the course of 2012.
â€œOur cooperation in the range of light turbines is expending the scope of our joint perspectives, this engine under cooperation will power the AC311 and I am confident this new engine cooperation combined with the AC311 will meet a prompt success.â€ said Olivier Andries, chairman & CEO of Turbomeca.
Turbomeca in China
Turbomeca is continuing and creating even closer links between Chinese and French industries.Â Local presence and proximity support are reinforced with Turbomeca (Beijing) Helicopter Engines.Â Furthermore, Turbomeca performed industrial worksharing with Beijing Turbomeca Changkong, the first joint company between Turbomeca and an AVIC company, to assemble and tests the hydro-mechanical modules (HCU, FCU) of turbine engines.Â Powering more than 300 helicopters in China, Turbomeca is the local leading helicopter engine supplier: one helicopter out of two is equipped with Turbomeca engines or licensed products.Â Turbomeca has established ties with Chinese airframers HAIG (Harbin Aircraft Industries Group) & CAIG (Changhe Aircraft Industry Group), as well as with AVIC’s helicopter engine manufacturing entities Dongan and SAIC through various collaboration programs in the 2.5 to 7 ton helicopter market.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight