Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony and luncheon this week in celebration of its new 78,000 square-foot expansion.
The event will be held:
Thursday, September 22, 2011, 11 a.m., Ribbon Cutting
Summit Aviation, 4200 Summit Bridge Road, Middletown, Delaware
Speakers for the event include Summit Aviation President Robert Fitzpatrick, Summit Aviation Vice President Ed Scully, Delaware Economic Development Office Director Alan Levin and Delaware State Representative Melanie George.
Summit Aviation broke ground for the new development on June 9, 2010. The 78,000 square-ft. expansion includes a 37,400 square-foot hangar, 9,200 square-foot paint facility, two cold storage units and an additional 11,400 square-feet of support and office space.
Summitâ€™s parent company, Greenwich AeroGroup, has invested $12 million in capital since acquiring the facility in 2008. This growth will increase Summitâ€™s service and maintenance capacity and support for government and military aviation, general aviation and corporate segments.
Media visuals for the day include the ribbon cutting, the new hangar which will house for the day the following aircraft: King Air, Kodiak, Bell 412, CH-47 and Blackhawk, the paint facility, office space and other areas as arranged.
Located in Middletown, Delaware, the company offers aircraft and engine maintenance and modification services on Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, Boeing and MD helicopters as well as on Pilatus, Cessna, Beechcraft King Airs, Beechjets and other light jet model aircraft. The company also provides engine maintenance and support to its customers which include Pratt & Whitney, Turbomeca, and others.
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., located in Greenwich, Conn., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; and parts distribution.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet