Phoenix Heliparts and Aspen Avionics, manufacturer of the innovative Evolution Flight Display System, are preparing to receive an FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the installation of Aspenâ€™s H-series Primary Flight Displays (PFD) and Multi-function Flight Displays (MFD) in the international fleet of MD500 helicopters.
Aspenâ€™s H-series PFD and MFD systems are designed and manufactured to meet the unique rigors of helicopter operations. The PFD is a lightweight, compact, all solid-state digital replacement for legacy electro-mechanical flight instruments.
The PFD system contains reliable solid-state Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHARS), electronic HSI with moving map that displays GPS flight plan legs, waypoints, navaids and airports, an electronic Attitude Direction Indicator (ADI) with easy to read airspeed and altitude tapes. It also includes emergency GPS with a backup battery for 30 minutes of backup time. The MFDs add features like high resolution moving maps, relative terrain and obstacle awareness, and traffic displays.
â€œThe level of safety and situational awareness that the Aspen system brings to the helicopter market is phenomenal,â€ says Anson Gray, Aspenâ€™s helicopter program manager. He continues, â€œThe MD500 is a hard-working platform that serves many operational roles. The Aspen puts all your flight critical information in one place which reduces pilot workload significantly.â€
â€œHaving the best quality for unparalleled safety does not have to break the bank,â€ says Tina Cannon, president of Phoenix Heliparts. â€œAspenâ€™s system is the most affordable AHARS unit in the helicopter market today, providing more reliability than the older electro-mechanical instruments that often fail.â€
Phoenix Heliparts offers its Total Support Team to a worldwide MD500 helicopter customer base, which includes offering a significant parts inventory for immediate shipment. Capabilities include engineering, avionics, interiors, sheet metal, AP & IA mechanics, field support, component overhaul, and now, for Rolls Royce gas turbine engines, removal and reinstallation services in partnership with StandardAero.
- Tiger Tugs continues to grow with new product launches
- MD500 Dual Cargo Hook kit with Y-Rope from Onboard Systems
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- Trakka announces FAA STC for the MD500
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- MDHI Reveals New MD 6XX at Heli-Expo
- JSSI launches maintenance program for MD500 and MD600
- Aero Precision to supply LORD products for Korean MD500s
- 27-Jun-15 MD Helicopters MD500 Poerua Glacier, New Zealand
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Phoenix Heliparts Offers Cost-Effective Component Support
- Tiger Tug launches new mover just for md 500 series helicopters
- MD540A to be displayed at Commemorative Air Force Museum event
- South African pair to apply for bail in Zimbabwe over buried MD500
- 04-May-14 MD Helicopters MD500 West Nicholson, Zimbabwe
- Phoenix Heliparts and RSG sign STC Agreement for MD500 Vapor Cycle Air Conditioning Units
- Invitation to HTC Technical Briefing at Heli-Expo
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- Skye Avionics receives FAA STC for MD500 LED Light