Bristow Academy Inc., a division of Bristow Group Inc., today announced a joint venture agreement with Rotorworld Institute LLC to offer Helicopter Underwater Egress Training (HUET). The first eight-hour course is planned for October 7, 2011, and includes two hours of classroom and six hours of practical instruction.
Demand for HUET training has increased in recent years as oil and gas companies move into deeper offshore waters and rely more on helicopter transportation to rigs and platforms. The joint venture agreement with Rotorworld Institute LLC brings together Rotorworldâ€™s expertise in the highly specialized HUET training and Bristow Academyâ€™s track record of successful experience-based programs developed by leading aviation educators and safety experts for the offshore oil and gas industry.
The HUET course trains pilots, crew and passengers transported offshore in rotor and fixed aircraft for emergency exit. It includes a basic introduction to water survival following underwater aircraft escape from aircraft over or near water or even flooded rivers. In a controlled pool environment, attendees experience swim and tread water instruction and are trained in the use of emergency underwater breathing equipment during several fully supervised immersed â€œrunsâ€ in the single seat underwater egress simulator unit. Although initial courses will be given in Florida, the unit is fully mobile and this training can be provided at any customer location.
ABOUT BRISTOW ACADEMY INC.
Bristow Academy, located in Titusville, Florida; New Iberia, Louisiana, and Gloucester (UK), is the only helicopter flight school approved to provide helicopter flight training to commercial pilot level by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the European Joint Aviation Authority. The Academy trains students from helicopter industry or related companies and pilots from a wide variety of foreign and domestic government agencies. For more information, go to http://www.heli.com
ABOUT BRISTOW GROUP INC.
Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) is the leading provider of helicopter services to the worldwide offshore energy industry based on the number of aircraft operated and one of two helicopter service providers to the offshore energy industry with global operations. The Company has major transportation operations in the North Sea, Nigeria and the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Alaska, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Russia and Trinidad. For more information, visit the Company’s website at http://www.bristowgroup.com.
ABOUT ROTORWORLD INSTITUTE
Rotorworld Institute of Specialized Rescue & Training offers safety and rescue procedure training services in the aviation, public safety and oil transportation industries. Headquartered in Central Florida, Rotorworldâ€™s training courses are designed for general aviation pilot training, corporate, offshore oil industry crew and passengers, HEMS service providers, emergency medical technicians, firefighters, marine and police helicopter crews, Department of Interior and military aviation professionals performing helicopter SAR services. Staff includes active fire fighters, EMT/Paramedicâ€™s, Military, Law enforcement, members of local, state and federal disaster response teams, and specialists whose knowledge is founded on extensive experience in both civilian and government Disaster Management and Response Operations. For more information, go to http://www.rotorworldinstitute.com
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- 02-Dec-20 VH-HGU Robinson R44 Marulan South, Australia (2F)