Mesa, Arizona September 27, 2011 – MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) a leading manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters has been awarded a $14,237,169 fixed-firm contract from the U.S. Army to provide logistics support operations of rotary wing primary training aircraft and flight training devices for the Afghan Air Force.
All work will be performed in Shindand, Afghanistan in support of the Primary Rotary Wing Training Aircraft MD 530FÂ® helicopters.Â Support operations under this contract include maintenance training, factory spare parts, specialized tooling, on site field service, maintenance facilities and logistics coordination.
â€œThis contract award trusts us with the support and ongoing service of the MD 530FÂ® aircraft to be delivered in the region for multiple years. We look forward to meeting the needs of our new customer in Afghanistan,â€ stated Ms. Tilton.Â The first (3) MD 530FÂ® helicopters were presented to the Non Standard Rotary Wing Aircraft Project Office of the U.S. Army on September 13, 2011.
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- MD Helicopters Awarded $50.4 million contract
- MD Helicopters Features Tennessee Valley Authority MD530F and MD969 at Heli-Expo 2019
- MD Helicopters to feature class cockpit MD530F
- MDHI completes initial delivery of enhanced MD530F
- Afghan MD530Fs to receive safety and endurance upgrades
- Virginia Beach Police welcome MD530F
- Kenya orders 6 MD530Fs
- MD delivers MD530F to Afghan Air Force
- Tennessee Valley Authority Purchases MD530F
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- Fresno County Sheriff welcomes new MD530F
- Fresno County Sheriff’s Office MD 530F Purchase
- Gwinnett County Police Department purchase MD530F
- Gwinnett OKs replacement for crashed MD530F
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- Triumph Agreement with MD Helicopters Extends Support
- MD Helicopters win $1.4 Billion MD530F contract
- Virginia Beach Police purchase a MD530F