AKV Inc. in conjunction with Turbomeca (Safran group) is very pleased to announce that Turbomeca has validated the AKV Arriel 1 Engine Cycle Counter as an acceptable cycle counting aid system for their Arriel 1B, 1D, 1D1 engines installed in the Eurocopter AS350 and 1E1/-2 engines installed in the Eurocopter BK117C1 and C2 (EC145). The newly developed and validated “Linear Method” procedure now utilized by the AKV Cycle Counter is based on the published “Recommended” procedure but provides for a more precise and less conservative method of computing and accruing both Gas Producer (Ng) and Power Turbine (Np) cycles.
Turbomeca will reference and officialise the AKV Arriel 1 Cycle Counter as a cycling aid system in the Turbomeca documentation, through the distribution of the General Service Letter 2283/04.
In addition, for existing Cycle Counters in operation, customers wishing to utilize the new validation must contact AKV to obtain new software and validation documentation based on the unit serial number. Newly purchased systems will be manufactured with the validation software installed and validation data provided accordingly.
“After 8 years in operation, I am very pleased to have received this validation. As pilots we have all done our best to comply with manual cycle counting requirements, but at the end of a busy flight day it can be anyone’s guess…! Having obtained Turbomeca validation is a “big deal” for us as a company which further signifies our systems capability and accuracy.” Quote provided by Jonathan Gunn, CEO, President of AKV, Inc.
AKV Engine Cycle Counters are not only the most affordable engine cycle counters in the industry they are also valuable in that they allow the operator to accrue lower operating cycles of up to 45% over the more conservative manual “Lump” pilot method.
Currently AKV holds FAA, Transport Canada, EASA and Brazil approvals for the Arriel 1 Cycle Counter.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet