EADS CEO Louis Gallois paid a visit this Wednesday to the Helibras factory in the Brazilian city of ItajubÃ¡.
His delegation was received by Helibras President Eduardo Marson Ferreira, Executive Vice President Eduardo Mauad and Chairman of the Board Daniel Mandelli.Â The visitors then took a tour of the facilities including the Squirrel assembly line, and the construction site for the new hangar wwhere the Ec725s will be built.Â They then visited the Engineering Centre for a presentation on Helibras plans for 2012.
“This visit is very important to us because it shows that drivers are our shareholders and our stakeholders and monitoring activities that contribute positively to the whole group EADS. In Helibras, he found a team very motivad the engajad and the project with our expansion, “said President Eduardo Marson.
Mr Gallois was full of praise for the Brazilian industry and thanked Helibras for their reception. “I had a nice visit today and was very impressed with what I saw. Helibras is a plant that moves, grows and develops. We realize more and more people coming in and increased the level of employment, all through a great dynamic. I just have to thank them”.
Louis Gallois has been Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of EADS since August 2007, after having been co-CEO of EADS, and President and CEO of Airbus since 2006. Previously, he served successively as Chairman and CEO of SNECMA, Chairman and CEO of Aerospatiale and Chairman of SNCF. Earlier in his career, he held positions in the French Ministry of Economy and Finance, the Ministry of Research and Industry, and the Ministry of Defence. Mr Gallois graduated from the Ã‰cole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales in economic sciences and is an alumnus of the Ã‰cole Nationale dâ€™Administration.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator