Harris Corporation has opened a new office atÂ Redstone ArsenalÂ inÂ Huntsville, Ala.Â to support the communications and information technology needs of a diverse range of U.S. Army programs. Â The Huntsville site is the fourth new Harris office opened in 2011 in direct support of U.S. Army requirements. The other offices are inÂ Texas,Â MarylandÂ andFlorida.
InÂ Huntsville, senior Harris management, employees and partners joined local political leaders and Army officials in commemorating the opening today at the Harris office in Cummings Research Park — the second largest technology park inthe United States, with more than 285 companies represented.
A team of more than 60 employees at the new Harris Redstone Arsenal office are providing sales, program management, engineering and technical support to the Army aviation, ballistic missile defense, space and research and development communities. Their focus is on delivering capabilities from across Harris, including the world’s most advanced tactical radios, integrated network solutions, and secure, reliable communication systems.
“TheÂ Redstone ArsenalÂ inÂ HuntsvilleÂ is a unique Army installation employing more than 35,000 people working across dozens of Army programs and commands,” saidÂ Dan Pearson, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Harris Corporation. “We’re investing in this community to meet their requirements for world-class networked tactical communications and information technology systems and support, today and in the future.”
Harris supports nearly 20 programs headquartered inÂ Huntsville, including Unmanned Aerial Systems, Helicopters, Air Traffic Control, Command Post Platform, Mobile Battle Command on the Move, High Mobility Artillery Rocket System and Ground Based Midcourse Defense.
Larger-scale projects include aÂ $77 millionÂ contract awarded to Harris IT Systems to engineer, test and install IT infrastructure for the newly relocated U.S. Army Materiel Command headquarters building and aÂ $25 millionÂ contract to deliver Highband Networking Radios to serve as the communications backbone of the U.S. Army’s new Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System.
About Harris Corporation
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 150 countries. Headquartered inÂ Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximatelyÂ $6 billionÂ of annual revenue and more than 16,000 employees — including nearly 7,000 engineers and scientists. Â Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-classÂ assured communicationsÂ® products, systems, and services. Â Additional information about Harris Corporation is available atÂ www.harris.com.
- Bell APT 70 Successfully Completes NASA’s Systems Integration and Operationalization Activity
- PHPA Becomes Southern California Rotorcraft Association
- WellSpan Health and Air Methods announces launch of WellFlight Air Ambulance
- Navicent Health Baldwin gets new helipad
- Schiebel and Nordic Unmanned Monitor Ship Emissions for EMSA
- EBAA Launches S.T.A.R.S Working Groups
- Airbus H175 to bolster Omni’s oil and gas operations in Brazil
- VFS Announces Design-Build-Vertical Flight Student Competition
- Air Methods Lead Mechanic Honored by FAA
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Leonardo
- OC Helicopters Denies Any Responsibility For Kobe Bryant Crash
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020