Helitech organisers confirmed to HeliHub.com at Duxford that they are not going to be running an event in Portugal in 2012 as previously planned. The poor economic situation is cited as the main reason, particularly as both Portugal and Spain form part of the “PIGS” countries.Â This acronym coined by the financial media brings together the initials of the four countries seeking bale-outs from other countries and gives rise to extensive discussion about the ongoing viability of the Euro currency in its present form.Â The other two countries are, of course, Ireland and Greece.
The same decision was made by Helitech organisers Reed in cancelling Helitech Brazil which had been planned to run 25-27 May 2010.Â We can find no reference on the Reed Exhibitions or Helitech Events website to a future Brazil event either.
HeliHub.com also noted that Helitech were very actively pushing their 2013 event at Duxford – which you can put in your diary now for 24-26 September 2013.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique