Helitech organisers confirmed to HeliHub.com at Duxford that they are not going to be running an event in Portugal in 2012 as previously planned. The poor economic situation is cited as the main reason, particularly as both Portugal and Spain form part of the “PIGS” countries.Â This acronym coined by the financial media brings together the initials of the four countries seeking bale-outs from other countries and gives rise to extensive discussion about the ongoing viability of the Euro currency in its present form.Â The other two countries are, of course, Ireland and Greece.
The same decision was made by Helitech organisers Reed in cancelling Helitech Brazil which had been planned to run 25-27 May 2010.Â We can find no reference on the Reed Exhibitions or Helitech Events website to a future Brazil event either.
HeliHub.com also noted that Helitech were very actively pushing their 2013 event at Duxford – which you can put in your diary now for 24-26 September 2013.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019