FlightSafety International is pleased to announce that it will offer training for the AgustaWestland AW139 at its Learning Center in Lafayette, Louisiana starting in 2013.
â€œOffering training for the AgustaWestland AW139 is a clear demonstration of FlightSafetyâ€™s commitment to provide our Customers who operate and support helicopters around the world with the advanced technology Level D qualified simulators and comprehensive training they require,â€ said Bruce Whitman, President & CEO.
The new AgustaWestland AW139 simulator will feature FlightSafetyâ€™s electric motion and control loading technology and new VITAL X visual system. The advanced Vital X visual system provides highly realistic visuals designed for comprehensive training scenarios. It is optimized for training low level flight operations, offers increased scene content, vastly improved weather features, and enhanced levels of detail for optimum cueing. VITAL X delivers the ability for helicopter pilots and crews to be completely immersed in all training requirements.
The Lafayette Learning Center also offers Level D qualified simulators for the Sikorsky S-92, S-76 C+ and C++, as well as Level 7 qualified flight training devices for the Bell 206 and Bell 407.
FlightSafety also provides a wide variety of courses for pilots, maintenance technicians and other aviation professionals who operate and support helicopters manufactured by Eurocopter, Bell Helicopter and Sikorsky as well as mission specific training programs for other aircraft types. The company offers a fleet of 16 full flight simulators and other advanced training devices located at its Helicopter Learning Centers in Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas; Lafayette, Louisiana; Tucson, Arizona; West Palm Beach, Florida; and at the Farnborough airport in the United Kingdom.
FlightSafety International is the worldâ€™s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 154 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the worldâ€™s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in Asia, Europe, North and South America, the Pacific Rim, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle