The public is invited to attend a free open house at U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Traverse City, Oct. 15, 2011, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The purpose of the open house is to highlight the air stationâ€™s missions, equipment and highly-trained personnel who serve the Great Lakes region, as well as to celebrate the achievements of 100 years of naval aviation.
The Centennial of Naval Aviation will bring with it several Coast Guard aircraft rarely seen in northern Michigan, including the HC-130 Hercules airplane, the HU-25 Guardian airplane and the newest fixed-wing aircraft in Coast Guard inventory, the HC-144 Ocean Sentry.
Rain or shine, members of the public are invited to meet: active-duty Coast Guardsmen; members of the Coast Guard Auxiliary, the serviceâ€™s volunteer component; and first responders from the Grand Traverse community. Visitors can also get an up-close look at rescue equipment and learn firsthand why Coast Guardsmen are often referred to as the Great Lakes Guardians. Rescue demonstrations at 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. using the air stationâ€™s MH-65 Dolphin helicopter will showcase the aircraftâ€™s unique capabilities.
Static displays will include:
- MH-65 Dolphin helicopter
- HC-130 Hercules airplane
- HC-144 Ocean Sentry airplane
- HU-25 Guardian airplane
- 25-foot Response Boat-Small from Station Charlevoix
- Coast Guard Auxiliary airplanes
- Cherry Capital Airportâ€™s Striker 3000 Crash/Fire Rescue Truck
- Civil Air Patrol search airplane
- Grand Traverse Sheriff Dive Team & rescue vessel
- Red Cross First Response Vehicle
Pizza and drinks will be available for purchase with all proceeds benefiting air station morale activities.Â This free event is open to the public and will be completely handicapped accessible.
- 29-Sep-20 VH-WPX Airbus AS365N3 Perth, Australia
- Airbus AS365/EC155 – EASA Proposed AD 20-127 : Tail Rotor Drive Flange
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Heli-Union
- French Navy Tests New Navalized Version Of AS365 Dauphin SAR
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Maxcraft Avionics receives STC for Garmin GTN750H Navigator in AS365
- Malaysia becomes regional simulation hub with AS365 and H225 FFS
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- Babcock rotates UK Dauphin N3 fleet
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER