Fiberforge, a leader in the thermoplastic advanced composites industry, today announced the addition of Njord A. Rota as Program Manager for its CH-53K Program, which is one of the companyâ€™s most significant aerospace projects.
Rota joins Fiberforge from Lockheed Martin Corporation, where he was the Chief Test Pilot and served as the Test Director for the K-Max Helicopter UAV/OPV System program, which allowed Rota to supervise instructor pilots and flight training.Â He also served as Director of Standards and Evaluation.
In his new role, Rota will lead all management aspects of Fiberforgeâ€™s work for DRS Technologies Inc. (NYSE: DRS), which includes the design, development and production of the carbon fiber composite components within the Internal Cargo Handling System for the CH-53K Heavy Lift Helicopter. The CH-53K helicopter is under development by Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) for the U.S. Marine Corps. The CH-53K is a dual-piloted, multi-engine, vertical take-off and landing aircraft that will provide the Marine Corps with improved heavy lift capability, reduced operating costs and state-of-the-art interoperability.
Prior to Lockheed Martin, Rota was a training and operations consultant for high-altitude flight training firm Ravco LLC; served as director of aviation operations for a civilian helicopter logistics provider in Afghanistan; and was a site manager for an FAA Part 135 aviation company supporting the Department of Defense. Rota also was a Major in the U.S. Army, to include severing multiple commands of CH-47D Chinook helicopter units with responsibility for 56 pilots and flight engineers.
â€œNjordâ€™s deep expertise in all aspects of aviation systems and handling will further strengthen Fiberforgeâ€™s ability to support DRS Technologies and their mission to provide the best parts and services for the CH-53K Heavy Lift Helicopter program,â€ said Andrew Lizotte, Fiberforgeâ€™s Composites Engineering Group Lead. â€œHe is a valuable addition to the team and reinforces Fiberforgeâ€™s commitment to providing top-notch solutions and services to the aerospace industry.â€
Rota is completing a master of aeronautical science degree in aviation management at Floridaâ€™s Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and holds a bachelor of science degree in biochemistry and biophysics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, N.Y. Rota says his most memorable experience was serving as Company Commander in Afghanistan from 2005-2006. He moved to the Roaring Fork Valley in 2006, attracted by the regionâ€™s outdoor activities like powder skiing, kayaking and cycling.
Fiberforge is a leadingâ€edge manufacturing Technology Company that has developed a patented process for cost-effectively producing lightweight structural parts made from highâ€performance advancedâ€composite materials. Fiberforge sells turnkey manufacturing systems to part producers across several industries worldwide, including aerospace, defense, consumer electronics, transportation, medical and others. Fiberforge also manufactures parts with its technology, primarily for aerospace and defense applications. Fiberforgeâ€™s products are protected by U.S. and international patents and patents pending. Visit www.fiberforge.com for more information.
- Sikorsky awarded $717M Contract for CH-53 and MH-53 Repair Support
- Raytheon Awarded $60M Contract for CH-53 and V-22 Support
- King Stallion and Chinook to battle for Israeli order
- German CH-53 retrofit program to feature Esterline avionics
- Sikorsky expects over 200 export orders for CH-53K
- Airbus awarded contract to retrofit 26 Bundeswehr CH-53 helicopters
- USMC to upgrade all 147 CH-53E helicopters
- CH-53K King Stallion Achieves 27,000 Pound External Lift
- CH-53K load testing continues with 20,000 pound lift
- Sikorsky awarded $16M for US Navy H-53 and H-60 field support
- CH-53K makes first external lift flight
- Sikorsky awarded $25M for long lead items for CH-53K early production
- Triumph Group receives 2016 Supplier Excellence Award from AHS
- German CH-53 upgrades to include FMS and Multi-Function Displays from CMC
- EDA completes Cold Blade 2016 Multinational Helicopter Exercise
- Second CH-53K joins flight test program
- Erickson Elevates Legacy Aircraft Maintenance Services Program
- Super Stallion is worn out, says report
- Two Connecticut Senators urge Germany to buy CH-53K
- Sikorsky awarded $8M delivery order for H-53 in-service program