Colombian operator Helistar has signed a contract with Eurocopter de MÃ©xico, subsidiary of Eurocopter Group, to purchase three EC145s.
With these three new helicopters, the fleet of Colombiaâ€™s largest helicopter company will expand to include seven EC145s. The first two additional aircraft will be delivered in 2012, followed by the third in 2013. Helistar currently has a fleet of 18 aircraft, providing services for the countryâ€™s leading energy companies.
Among the broad spectrum of missions offered by the company, Helistar specializes in passenger transport for the oil and gas sector â€“ which currently is experiencing strong growth within Colombia. This new purchase follows the finalization of a five-year services contract between Helistar and the Colombian oil company Ecopetrol.
The EC145 is at the top of its class in the medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter category, and is perfectly adapted to the needs of the oil and gas industry. This compact and modern helicopter is ideal for medium-range flights with 8 to 10 passengers. Its high safety standards, availability, comfort and rapid configuration for different missions have earned the business of many oil and gas companies opting to acquire this aircraft in various countries in the Americas, including Argentina, Mexico and Colombia.
More than 400 EC145s have been sold around the globe for a full range of operations, and is the only helicopter of its type that can seat up to eight passengers.
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana