At the NBAA Convention, Microturbo (Safran group) announced that theÂ e-APU60, a new-concept auxiliary power unit specifically designed to meet the demands of new-generation more electric aircraft, was delivered this summer to its first client, AgustaWestland, for installation on their new generation AW149 and AW189 helicopters.
The firstÂ e-APU60, configured for flight testing, was installed according to schedule.
Delivering up to 60 kWe of electrical power, theÂ e-APU60 is capable of covering all the aircraftâ€™s electrical needs throughout the flight envelope.
The main benefits of theÂ e-APU60, which are an excellent power-to-weight ratio and its exceptional compactness, are proving themselves through the testing and certification programmes, which have progressed flawlessly to date. Furthermore, the simplified architecture and the high pressure cycle, both of which are based on the very latest technologies developed by the Safran Group, are setting some new standards in terms of reliability and cost of ownership.
â€œWe are particularly proud to have reached this essential milestone in our programmeâ€ said Jean-Baptiste Jarin, Microturboâ€™s Commercial and Customer Support Vice President.
As expected, certification of theÂ e-APU60 is progressing in accordance with the statutory requirements. EASA certification is scheduled for the end of 2012 and FAA certification for early 2013.
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Leonardo could move AW149 line to Yeovil UK
- EXCLUSIVE – Royal Thai Army buys AW149 and six AW139s
- Leonardo exhibiting at Seafuture & Maritime Technologies event
- New Polish Government questions Airbus Helicopter H225M deal
- PZL-Świdnik files law suit after failed helicopter bid
- PZL Swidnik issues statement regarding Polish military selection
- AW149 Helicopter landed at the European Economic Congress
- AgustaWestland signs Offset MoUs with industrial partners in Poland
- Italian Defence Minister visits PZL-Świdnik
- PZL-Świdnik to exhibit the AW149 at MSPO 2014
- AW149 Achieves Military Certification
- AgustaWestland impresses with Farnborough line-up
- PZL-Świdnik presents AW149 at “Bemowo On Air 2013”
- AW149 on Display at MSPO 2013
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- PZL-Świdnik exhibits advanced technology at EUROPOLTECH 2013
- Ministry of Economy delegation visits PZL-Świdnik
- AgustaWestland AW149 / AW189 flight testing in Arizona
- AgustaWestland displays AW149 at MSPO 2012