WSI (Weather Services International), the most trusted name in aviation decision support, today announced that it has launched an iPad app for its industry-leading WSI Pilotbrief Optimaâ„¢ service, the new, dramatically enhanced, on-line version of WSI PilotbriefÂ®.
WSI Pilotbrief Optima delivers the most relevant preflight briefing experience directly to the iPad. With it, a pilot can quickly retrieve the weather and NOTAM information needed for the next flight.
Captain Robert McCauley, Standards Officer for JM Family Enterprises, Inc., a $9.3 billion corporation based in Fort Lauderdale, praises the new WSI iPad App.
â€œWSIâ€™s new online Pilotbrief Optima service works very well on the iPad and is very user friendly. The programâ€™s new integration features — like the graphical route layout and station information — are excellent and easy to use on the iPad. Additionally, the route briefing information is laid out very well. With the technology constantly changing, I look forward to WSIâ€™s continuous updating of this service with additional, advanced, user-driven improvements.â€
To learn more about the Pilotbrief Optima iPad App from Captain McCauley, visit WSIâ€™s Booth # C9213 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM at NBAA 2011, in Las Vegas, October 10-12.
Pilotbrief Optima & the iPad â€“ A Powerful Combination
It has been noted by many industry sources that the iPad is attractive to pilots for a number of reasons. The display is large and easily readable. The device has a long battery life. The operating system is extremely stable. It is easy to use and the storage capacity is sufficient to store a full complement of IFR charts. By coupling these iPad features with Pilotbrief Optimaâ€™s powerful, comprehensive, up-to-the-minute, flight-planning weather information, aviation professionals have a strategic, air-routing tool at their fingertips anytime — and anyplace — they need it.
â€œOur new iPad App for Pilotbrief Optima gives pilots and other aviation professionals access to the industryâ€™s leading disruptive weather information from wherever they are,â€ said Paul Devlin WSIâ€™s Product Manager, Aviation Decision Support. â€œPilotbrief Optima delivers the most relevant preflight briefing experience directly to the iPad and provides quick retrieval of the weather and NOTAM information needed for upcoming flights.â€
The WSI Pilotbrief Optima iPad App offers mobile access to:
- High definition weather layers, Radar, Satellite IR, VIL and EchoTop mosaics
- Route Specific Weather and NOTAM Briefings
- Recently FAA cleared flight routes
- Tropical Storm Tracks
- Textual Aviation Weather Reports and Forecast
- Ten day planning forecasts
Please Note: Users must have a valid WSI Pilotbrief Optima account credentials in order to access the weather data. New account credentials are activated within 24 hours of purchase.
About WSI Aviation
WSI, the most trusted weather decision support provider in the aviation industry, provides a proactive, aviation operation management suite ensuring common situational awareness and continuity in decisions through every phase of flight. WSI FusionTM is an integral component of this flight support solution, which includes WSI PilotbriefTM preflight planning and InFlightTM data link for pilots, as well as WSI HubcastTM terminal forecasts and alerting for airport stakeholders. WSI also operates a Global Forecast Center staffed by experienced aviation meteorologists who produce operational terminal and enroute forecasts globally.
WSI (Weather Services International) is the world’s leading provider of weather-driven business solutions for professionals in the aviation, energy and media markets, as well as multiple federal and state government agencies. WSI is a member of The Weather Channel Companies and is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts with offices in Birmingham, England. The Weather Channel Companies are owned by a consortium made up of NBC Universal and the private equity firms The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital.
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight
- Bell Joins Canadian Advanced Air Mobility Consortium
- TracPlus and v2track disrupt the global asset tracking and communications market
- Royal Singapore AF lands Chinook on Australian Navy ship for first time
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight named National Program of the Year
- IBAC Honored by Top Flight Safety Award Nomination for New IS-BAO Programme
- PS Engineering digital audio controller now has Black Hawk STC
- Canada launches major initiative in advanced air mobility
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- Obituary – Dennis Kenyon – 3 October 1932 – 28 October 2020
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program