From its booth #321 at the 2011 Air Medical Transport Conference, American Eurocopter announced today that Indiana University Health LifeLine will add its fifth EC145 to the fleet of four that were purchased in late 2008. The first four went into service throughout 2010 and the fifth is expected to go into service this week.
â€œIndiana University Health has been a Eurocopter customer for over 25 years,â€ said Treg Manning, vice president of Sales, American Eurocopter. â€œThey moved up to the EC145 in 2008 and we are delighted that the aircraft has worked well for them and that they are continuing their fleet standardization program with another EC145.â€
â€œWe have been extremely pleased with the EC145 and it has become our premier aircraft,â€ said Steve Johnson, director of LifeLine Critical Care Transport, IU Health. â€œOur program does a large number of specialty team transports ranging from neonates to adult trauma, often requiring special equipment and extra crew members. The EC145 offers a large cabin and the reliability and versatility we need to execute a variety of specialty missions every day.â€
IU Health is in the process of transitioning from a Visual Flight Rules (VFR) program to Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) program and the EC145 is the foundation to that transition. â€œThe EC145 provides us with a safe and stable platform as we move from VFR to IFR,â€ said Johnson.
The EC145, powered by two Turbomeca ARRIEL engines, offers excellent performance and a fast cruise speed. Its high set main and tail rotors, rear-loading clamshell doors, large cabin, extra payload capacity, unmatched visibility and additional safety features have made it the helicopter platform of choice for emergency medical service missions throughout the United States.
Named among the â€œBest Hospitals in Americaâ€ by U.S.News & World Report for 14 consecutive years, IU Health is the largest and most comprehensive health system in Indiana. IU Health LifeLine is the gold standard for both ground and air critical care transport and operates 24/7 out of five bases throughout the state with a fleet of six helicopters, a KingAir 200 and ground ambulances. Founded in 1979 as Indiana’s first air medical transportation service provider and
one of the largest providers in the nation, IU Health LifeLine is the only hospital-based transport system affiliated with two level one trauma hospitals in Indiana.
IU Healthâ€™s EC145 fleet is now operated by Metro Aviation.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, the second largest aerospace and defense company in the world. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. American Eurocopterâ€™s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS.
This aircraft is being show on the Metro Aviation booth at AMTC 2011
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan