American Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group announced today at the Air Medical Transport Conference the sale to Milestone of five new Eurocopter EC130B4 helicopters. The order is valued at $17 million. Deliveries will take place in the second half of 2012. Milestone, the first global finance company focused exclusively on the helicopter market, will offer these aircraft for lease to high-quality operators.
The hallmark of this transaction is the close collaboration between Milestone and American Eurocopter and the unique arrangement whereby the American Eurocopter sales team will work on the front end to identify leads and assist with closing Milestone leases on these helicopters.
“Our sales team worked very closely with Milestone to pull this together and we are pleased to make this announcement,” said Marc Paganini, President and CEO of American Eurocopter. “Milestone brings a new option to the table for our clients by providing 100% financing and flexible leasing solutions that will help our customers get into the best helicopters in the business.”
“We are delighted to acquire the popular EC130, a widely used model in the emergency medical service and tour industries, and strengthen our relationship with Eurocopter,” said Richard Santulli, chairman of Milestone. “There is a clear-cut business opportunity to serve high-quality operators in these sectors and this announcement demonstrates our commitment to meet their needs.”
The EC130B4 uses a Turbomeca Arriel 2B1 turbine engine with FADEC digital engine controls, which provides reliable power to its Starflex main rotor and Fenestron® tail rotor. Keys to the EC130’s success are its low noise level, excellent performance and the extremely roomy and comfortable cabin for a light single-engine helicopter. A fast cruise speed of 130 knots takes the EC130B4 to its destination quickly and efficiently.
Since launching in August 2010, Milestone has leased over two dozen helicopters and private jets valued at more than $240 million. The company has signed commitments that will push that total to over $300 million by the end of the year.
About Milestone Aviation Group
Milestone Aviation Group is the first global aircraft leasing company exclusively focused on helicopters. Milestone’s global aircraft leasing platform addresses the liquidity needs of a transforming marketplace through 100% operating lease financing. Since launching in August 2010, Milestone has leased over two dozen helicopters and private jets valued at more than $240 million. Further information is available atwww.milestoneaviation.com.
- Maverick announces CRFS retrofit for its entire EC130B4 fleet
- Airbus launches the ACH130 Aston Martin Edition
- 21-Oct-19 N922RJ Airbus EC130 Oroville, US-California
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- VFS EuroTec Receives FAA Validation for EC130 TrueBlue Main Ship Battery STC
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Papillon Airways Sign MOU for 40 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tanks
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- South Australia Police update EC130 with Wescam EO/IR
- Canada approves Donaldson IBF for AS350 and EC130
- Hospital Wing takes delivery of fourth H130
- Taiwan Leasing Firm to Finance Fifth H130 for PhilJets
- Vector and Robertson finalizing design of AS350/EC130 fuel tank