The newspaper Sydsvenskan states that the National Police Board (Rikspolisstyrelsen, RPS) has decided to purchase a seventh helicopter for a new base in SkÃ¥ne. The National Criminal Police (Rikskriminalen) has been assigned the duty to establish a new station for the Swedish Police Wing in southern Sweden, and to buy the new helicopter. The expansion of the aviation service was agreed upon during a meeting this Thursday.
The enlargement of the fleet saves the helicopter station in Ã–stersund, which ran the risk of being closed and moved to SkÃ¥ne.
The Swedish Police Wing operates a fleet of six EC135s from four bases throughout Sweden: Boden, Gothenburg, Stockholm and Ã–stersund. It has a seventh helicopter, a Jet Ranger, which is used for training duties at the base in Gothenburg.
The organization originally operated seven EC135s out of five air stations (MalmÃ¶/SkÃ¥ne included), but one aircraft was lost in a tragic accident in Gothenburg in 2007. The SkÃ¥ne based helicopter was subsequently moved to Gothenburg, and the MalmÃ¶ base was closed.
The Swedish Police operates its own helicopter unit since nearly half a century back. The Police Wing (Polisflyget) is subordinated the National Criminal Police and employs roughly 35 officers.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
Photo: Rickard Gilberg – Nordic Rotors
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago