From the 2011 Air Medical Transport Conference, American Eurocopter announced that EagleMed LLC has purchased an AS350 B3 helicopter. EagleMed primarily serves the Midwest with its fleet of fixed and rotor wing aircraft that includes eleven Beechcraft King Air airplanes and now thirteen Eurocopter AStar helicopters. This will be the first AS350 B3 in its fleet.
â€œEagleMedâ€™s continued choice of the AStar family of helicopters further highlights the versatility of this platform,â€ said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales at American Eurocopter. â€œThe new AS350 B3 will provide the additional power and capacity EagleMed needs to expand its mission capabilities.â€
â€œWe depend on the proven performance and reliability of the AStar family for our helicopter fleet,â€ explained Larry Bugg, President, EagleMed LLC. â€œOur aircraft are completely configured for mission critical transports, with state-of-the-art medical and emergency equipment, and carry highly skilled medical teams and pilots. When we were looking for an aircraft that could handle our mission parameters and provide us with the durability and high performance that we need, we knew the AS350 B3 was the helicopter for us.â€
The AS350 family has been gaining popularity in the U.S. air medical industry because it provides performance, reliability and versatility combined with low operating costs. The AS350 B3 delivers the added power and performance provided by an 847 shp Turbomeca Arriel 2B1 engine with dual-channel FADEC and dual hydraulics.
EagleMed operates 24 aircraft in a five-state area in the Midwest, although the flexibility of the fixed wing fleet allows it to provide timely transport anywhere in the country. Based in Wichita, Kansas, the company is a privately-owned and operated critical care air medical service provider that was founded in 1982. It gained accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Services in 2000, and since August 2009, EagleMed LLC has been operated as a subsidiary of Air Medical Group Holdings Inc.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, the second largest aerospace and defense company in the world. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. American Eurocopterâ€™s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS.
Photo of the announcement ceremony at American Eurocopter’s booth at AMTC 2011
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit