Honeywell’s T55 turboshaft production continues for its sole application, Boeing’s CH-47 Chinook. Boeing biggest customer for the CH-47 is the U.S. Army who is upgrading its Chinook fleet from the D to the F standard. The current requirement is set at 464 aircraft with a mix of new-build and remanufactured airframes. The army is also buying MH-47Gs and will eventually have a fleet of 69 of the type. These will be remanufactured helicopters although some could be new production.
Boeing has seen increasing interest in the Chinook from militaries outside the U.S. Seven countries, including the Netherlands, UAE, Italy, Canada, Australia, Great Britain and Turkey have signed deals for CH-47s since late 2009. Additional opportunities are numerous for further CH-47F export sales. Several countries have displayed interest in the helicopter, including Egypt, Germany, India, Morocco, Pakistan, and South Africa.
The HH-47 variant was selected by the USAF in 2006 for the Combat Search and Rescue-X program (CSAR-X) to replace the 112 HH-60G Pave Hawks currently in service. After protests from Sikorsky and Lockheed Martin the Air Force ultimately terminated the contract. The new program has been designated as the HH-60 Personnel Recovery Recapitalization Program, and Boeing is again proposing a CH-47 variant.
- Coulson and Unical Join Forces to form Coulson Unical
- UTC Unveils New Lightweight Ballistic Protection
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Boeing Awarded $199M Contract for H-47 Rotor Blade Support
- Honeywell Awarded $20M Contract for CH-47 Engine Support
- US delivers new Chinook to Turkey despite F-35 problem
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- CAE joins Boeing H-47 Chinook team
- Boeing, Rohde & Schwarz Sign Agreement
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded
- Israel prefers CH-47F to CH-53K
- LifePort Delivers Lightweight Armor Kit for Columbia Helicopters
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- King Stallion and Chinook to battle for Israeli order
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s
- Boeing Awards Components Manufacturing Contract to COTESA
- Government of Greece– CH-47D Helicopters
- Columbia Helicopters receives Boeing Gold Award
- Stirling and SGB extend partnership