The Rolls-Royce AE 1107C is produced for one application, the Boeing V-22 Osprey. Boeing submitted a multiyear proposal to the U.S. Navy for a follow-on contract to succeed the program’s current multiyear deal. The current contract covering FY08 through FY12 is for 174 aircraft. The new contract would cover FY13 to FY17 and includes a proposal for 122 aircraft between the USMC and the USAF.
The U.S. Navy plans to purchase 48 MV-22s but the outlook is not clear as the Navy has no defined requirement for the aircraft. The current budget environment could mean the sacrifice of these MV-22s in favor of more critical and necessary aircraft.
Bell/Boeing are proposing the V-22 as a candidate for two upcoming U.S. military programs; the Navy’s VXX presidential transport helicopter program and the USAF’s HH-60 Personnel Recovery Recpitalization Program (formerly CSAR-X). In addition to the V-22, Boeing is proposing its CH-47 for the VXX program, in addition to teaming with AgustaWestland on the AW101 for the same contract.
Currently, no export sales of the V-22 have materialized, although a future sale is not out of the question. The V-22’s combat service record has been good, nothwithstanding a fatal crash in April of 2010 involving a USAF CV-22 in Afghanistan. The Israeli Air Force was conducting a technical review of the V-22 in mid-2011 which may lead to an order.
- Moog Inc. Awarded $85M Contract for V-22 Part Repairs
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- Rolls-Royce Awarded $36M Contract for Delivery of 17 V-22 AE1107C Engines
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- Belling Boeing JPO Awarded $23M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Hydraulics International Awarded $13M Contract for Manufacturing V-22 Parts
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $81M Contract for V-22 Component Repairs
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Right Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Bell Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $13M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Left Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Kranze Technology Solutions awarded $37M Contract for V-22 Support
- Raytheon Awarded $60M Contract for CH-53 and V-22 Support
- Bell awarded $28M Contract for V-22 proprotor gearbox assemblies
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Honeywell International awarded $8M contract for V-22 Shaft Compressors Repairs