Turbomeca’s Makila series powers civil and military medium-lift helicopters from Eurocopter. The Makila’s biggest application is the EC 225 and its military EC 725 variant. Sales of the EC 725 have increased over the past few years, buoyed by an order for 50 aircraft in 2009 from Brazil’s armed forces. The deal included assembly of the helicopters at a new facility in Brazil by Eurocopter’s Helibras subsidiary.
Deliveries are scheduled to begin in 2012 and be complete in 2016. Helibras may eventually build EC 225/725s for Latin American customers.
In early 2010 the Royal Malaysian Air Force ordered 12 EC 725s for SAR missions. The new aircraft are replacing a number of Sikorsky S-61s and are scheduled for delivery between 2012 and 2014.
Mexico’s Defense Ministry has 12 EC 725s on order, with the initial aircraft making its first flight in early 2011. Deliveries are scheduled to begin in 2011.
Eurocopter continues to produce the Mk 1 variants of the Super Puma and Cougar for customers that don’t need the improved capability of the newer EC 225/725. Greece, Albania and Spain have all purchased the AS 332/532 in recent years with deliveries to be completed by 2013.
- 25-Nov-19 Airbus AS532 Liptako, Mali (11F)
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- 31-Oct-19 HL9619 Airbus EC225 Dokdo, Korea (7F)
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand
- Concorde Battery approved for AS332
- Vector Aerospace receives EASA STC approval for ADS-B upgrade
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Plans to Upgrade Polish Navy Fleet