The Eurocopter Chile subsidiary of Eurocopter delivered an AS350 B3e helicopter to Servicios AÃ©reos Kipreos today, making it the first operator to receive this new version of the Ecureuil rotary-wing aircraft in the Americas.
This new model joins the helicopter fleet at Servicios AÃ©reos Kipreos, which specializes in high-precision aerial work, and has included the Ecureuil AS350 B2 version since 2005.
Eurocopterâ€™s AS350 B3e is one of the new and enhanced helicopter versions unveiled by the company in 2011. â€œI am delighted to deliver this latest version of one of our most renowned rotary-wing aircraft,â€ said Alexandre Ceccacci, CEO of Eurocopter Chile S.A. â€œEurocopter has introduced this new generation of helicopters to meet our customersâ€™ growing needs, such as those in Chile â€“ who operate in an increasingly demanding environment.â€
Servicios AÃ©reos Kipreos has carried out aerial operations for the design and construction of electrical systems since the companyâ€™s origins. Among other aerial services, it performs work on power transmission lines in high-altitude mountainous areas, and is one of the few operators able to carry out the construction and maintenance of high voltage lines in Chile.
â€œIn light of the growing market for precision aerial work, we needed a multi-mission helicopter that can deal with all types of situations and the exacting demands of these operations,â€ said JosÃ© de la Fuente, the CEO of Servicios AÃ©reos Kipreos S.A., in speaking to the companyâ€™s partners, customers and employees â€“ as well as representatives of the Chilean Helicopter Association.
The companyâ€™s new AS350 B3e, to be based in Santiago, will be used for power line work, along with various other missions, such as passenger transport, mining support, airborne laser terrain mapping, heli-skiing, load transportation, filming and fire fighting activities.
The AS350 B3 is a high-performance helicopter perfectly suited for operations in â€œhigh and hotâ€ conditions. It was the rotary-wing aircraft used to break the world record in 2005 by touching down and taking off from the summit of Everest at an altitude of 8,848 meters. This highly versatile, powerful and reliable helicopter also is suitable for transporting heavy loads. It is equipped with cutting-edge technology and has the most economic direct operating costs in the single-engine helicopter market.
Its latest version â€“ the AS350 B3e â€“ includes a more powerful Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine with a longer life cycle and lower maintenance costs, next-generation FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control), a new control system featuring VEMD (Vehicle Engine Multifunction Display) and an engine data recorder, along with improved interior design and tail rotor modifications for additional ease of piloting. This helicopter is ideal for aerial operations in extreme conditions.
HeliHub.com editor notes
- the particular aircraft is registered CC-AEU and is serial 7234
- the operator is known locally as AeroKipreos – see website
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)