The Eurocopter Chile subsidiary of Eurocopter delivered an AS350 B3e helicopter to Servicios AÃ©reos Kipreos today, making it the first operator to receive this new version of the Ecureuil rotary-wing aircraft in the Americas.
This new model joins the helicopter fleet at Servicios AÃ©reos Kipreos, which specializes in high-precision aerial work, and has included the Ecureuil AS350 B2 version since 2005.
Eurocopterâ€™s AS350 B3e is one of the new and enhanced helicopter versions unveiled by the company in 2011. â€œI am delighted to deliver this latest version of one of our most renowned rotary-wing aircraft,â€ said Alexandre Ceccacci, CEO of Eurocopter Chile S.A. â€œEurocopter has introduced this new generation of helicopters to meet our customersâ€™ growing needs, such as those in Chile â€“ who operate in an increasingly demanding environment.â€
Servicios AÃ©reos Kipreos has carried out aerial operations for the design and construction of electrical systems since the companyâ€™s origins. Among other aerial services, it performs work on power transmission lines in high-altitude mountainous areas, and is one of the few operators able to carry out the construction and maintenance of high voltage lines in Chile.
â€œIn light of the growing market for precision aerial work, we needed a multi-mission helicopter that can deal with all types of situations and the exacting demands of these operations,â€ said JosÃ© de la Fuente, the CEO of Servicios AÃ©reos Kipreos S.A., in speaking to the companyâ€™s partners, customers and employees â€“ as well as representatives of the Chilean Helicopter Association.
The companyâ€™s new AS350 B3e, to be based in Santiago, will be used for power line work, along with various other missions, such as passenger transport, mining support, airborne laser terrain mapping, heli-skiing, load transportation, filming and fire fighting activities.
The AS350 B3 is a high-performance helicopter perfectly suited for operations in â€œhigh and hotâ€ conditions. It was the rotary-wing aircraft used to break the world record in 2005 by touching down and taking off from the summit of Everest at an altitude of 8,848 meters. This highly versatile, powerful and reliable helicopter also is suitable for transporting heavy loads. It is equipped with cutting-edge technology and has the most economic direct operating costs in the single-engine helicopter market.
Its latest version â€“ the AS350 B3e â€“ includes a more powerful Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine with a longer life cycle and lower maintenance costs, next-generation FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control), a new control system featuring VEMD (Vehicle Engine Multifunction Display) and an engine data recorder, along with improved interior design and tail rotor modifications for additional ease of piloting. This helicopter is ideal for aerial operations in extreme conditions.
HeliHub.com editor notes
- the particular aircraft is registered CC-AEU and is serial 7234
- the operator is known locally as AeroKipreos – see website
- 30-Jan-21 ZS-RWZ Airbus AS350B3 Grand Central, South Africa
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- 02-Jan-21 ZS-OXK Airbus AS350B3 Cape Town, South Africa
- 30-Dec-20 I-LGLG Airbus H125 San Martino, Italy
- 26-Dec-20 (tba) Airbus H125 Minimarg, Pakistan (4F)
- 23-Dec-20 RA-07328 Airbus H125 Novopodkletnoe, Russia
- 19-Dec-20 N574AM Airbus AS350B3 Driggs, US-Idaho
- True Blue Power announce VFS receive TCCA approval
- 04-Dec-20 JA504D Airbus AS350 Higashi Matsuyama, Japan
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- 02-Dec-20 OF-??? Airbus AS350 Mombo, Botswana
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 20-Nov-20 LV-FQN Airbus AS350B3 Coronel Moldes, Argentina (2F)
- 16-Nov-20 LN-OAX Airbus AS350B3 Lysefjorden, Norway
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s