Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc., is excited to announce an agreement with Instrument Specialties Co., Inc. (INSCO) to design & build new Instrument Panel Assemblies for the model 47 helicopter.
INSCO will partner with AeroPanel Corporation & Geneva Aviation to provide a turnkey solution for a modern cockpit interface to be made available for upgrade of existing model 47 helicopters and for new model 47 helicopters if launched. The new panel incorporates modern instruments with LED panel lighting and also offers the option of upgrade to glass solutions including modern GPS Nav/Com equipment. SB47 & INSCO expect to complete the design & certification of the new panel within 12 months at which time SB47 will offer an upgrade for existing model 47 helicopters.
â€œWe are extremely excited to be confirming the development of a new instrument panel for the 47.â€ stated Scott Churchill, President/Owner of Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47. â€œWe will be able to offer upgrades to existing helicopters and this new panel is essential if we are to launch a new model 47 helicopter. INSCO has over 40 years of experience with instrument & panel designs, and they are very familiar with the model 47 helicopter.â€
â€œOffering a brand new, modern instrument panel solution is an essential part of our product development plan and we are very excited to be moving forward with INSCO.â€ stated Neil Marshall, General Manager of Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47. â€œThe new panel will not only satisfy the requirements of a new model 47 helicopter should we decide to launch that program, but it will enable existing operators to refresh their helicopters with modern, reliable equipment. Spare parts sourcing of existing instruments has become increasingly difficult for model 47 operators and this will provide them with a new lease of life.â€
About Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc.
Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scottâ€™s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest operators of Model 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopters Inc., manufacturer of the Wasp helicopter and a FAA PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated model 47 helicopters and provides OEM level customer support to the fielded fleet.
About Instrument Specialties Co., Inc., AeroPanel Corporation & Geneva Aviation
INSCO was founded in 1969 and has been providing engine monitoring instrumentation for rotary and fixed wing applications ever since. AeroPanel Corp. has been in the panel manufacturing business for over 50 years. Geneva Aviation, a member of the DART Helicopter Services family, was founded in 1985 and specializes in comprehensive instrument panel structural packages. All three companies are leaders in their field and have major OEM & operators in their customer portfolios.
- 01-Jan-21 N74823 Bell 47D1 Marana, US-Arizona
- 24-Nov-20 YN-CIQ Continental Copters Tomcat Chinandega, Nicaragua (1F)
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- 18-Oct-19 N7060J Bell 47G5 King City, US-California
- 20-Aug-17 N9526 Bell 47G2A St Marys, US-Pennsylvania
- 23-May-17 XB-LUB Bel 47D Amacuzac, Mexico (1F)
- 10-May-17 D-HAFB Westland-Bell 47 Pertisau, Austria (2F)
- 18-Oct-15 N73224 Bell 47G3B Searchlight, US-Nevada
- 11-Aug-15 N74823 Bell 47D1 Clanton, US-Alabama
- 03-Aug-15 N4002G Bell 47G3B1 Camden, US-Alabama
- 24-Jul-15 N1396X Bell 47G.4A Gilbert, US-Iowa
- 20-Jun-15 N4427F Bell 47G5 Salinas, US-California (1F)
- 27-Mar-15 C-GVHA Bell 47G.2 Chilliwack, Canada
- 27-Feb-15 N4774S Bell 47G2A Ivanhoe, US-California
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47 White Rock, US-Arkansas
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47G North Little Rock, US-Arkansas
- Bell delivers last of six 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- 12-Aug-14 N7089J Bell 47G-5 Mansfield, US-Illinois (1F)
- 10-Aug-14 N4690 Bell 47G-2 Jeanerette, US-Louisiana (1F)