We opened our 2011 display season at the Duxford Spring air show in May, so it is fitting to end at the same venue.
Nearby residents of Duxford airfield will agree that we disturbed a wonderfully peaceful autumnal Sunday afternoon with our distinctive slapping blades and high-pitched gas-turbine engines, but weâ€™re sure that the spectators at Duxford will also agree that our display was worth disrupting such an afternoon.
We were only over-roared by the noise from the dominating F-16 display of the Belgian Air Force.
2011 has been another very successful display season during which we have attended 15 public air shows and raised Â£4000 for the Royal Navy Benevolent Trust and the Fly Navy Heritage Trust.
We send their thanks to all the people who came to watch the shows, bought caps and T-shirts, donated to our charities and chatted to the team at the trailer.
Those of you who did speak to the team (if you werenâ€™t too bored by lots of helicopter-talk) will know that we are very proud of our team and proud to represent the Royal Navy on the public stage.
We are now starting our preparations for the 2012 display season. Lt Chris Chambers and Lt Mike Curd will shortly be leaving the team to rejoin the front line on 815 Naval Air Squadron and this seasonâ€™s Black 2, Lt Dave Fleming will step-up to become the 2012 Black Lead.
We are still deciding on the 2012 Black 2, but we will update the website when the lucky pilot has been selected.
If you have any pictures of us during the last year then please post them on our Facebook page atÂ www.facebook.com/RoyalNavyBlackCats.
We look forward to seeing you all in 2012.
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- AW159 Wildcat helps HMS Dragon to record eighth drugs haul – value £145m in six months
- Republic of Korea Navy launches tender for 12 helicopters
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- South Korea to Purchase 12 ASW Helicopters
- Leonardo awarded £271 million AW159 WIST contract by UK
- Possible Closure for GKN Yeovil
- General Dynamics integrates Link 16 datalink system on AW159
- British military thanks landing site owners
- Black Cats team ready for 30 air shows
- UK – 815 Naval Air Squadron receives first four of 12 Wildcats
- Philippine Navy orders two AgustaWestland AW159s
- Army Air Corps praise new Wildcat facilities at RNAS Yeovilton
- Korean AW159 deliveries delayed by acceptance test issue
- Recently retired military chief summonsed over AW159 corruption allegations
- Wildcat becomes first helicopter to land at St Helena Airport
- Batch of AgustaWestland related domain names for sale
- Babcock win large Royal Navy helicopter maintenance contract