In keeping with their real world theme LAH has raised the bar for completion standards on their Vertical reference/Long Line course with the addition of the â€œAir Conâ€ and â€œPole in the Holeâ€ exercises.
â€œIn order for a Pilot to successfully complete our program they are now tasked with picking up and setting an Air Conditioning Unit onto bolts. The lead up to that is placing a simulated Power Pole into a hole as well as our basic exercises which include flying Medical litters, nets and barrel slingsâ€, said LAHâ€™s Chief Pilot Part 133, Andre Hutchings.
Ground Crew Manager, Trevor Stanley states; â€œWe spent a great deal of time developing these new exercises in order to introduce potential Utility/LL Pilots to some of the actual flying regimens they may face in their Careers. To watch a Pilot come to us with zero VR/LL experience at the beginning of the course and walk away at the end having set an Air Con unit on bolts and a power pole in place is truly awesome, this exercise is the real thing!â€
To view our Air Conditioning exercise video, view our Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/lahelicopters
About Los Angeles Helicopters
LAH is based in Long Beach, CA and conducts flight training, VR/LL, Advanced Emergency procedures, Mountain courses, tour operations and charters.
LAH is authorized to issue the Form I-20 for international students to obtain an M-1 visa and approved by the VA to accept the Montgomery GI Bill.
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412