Due to overwhelming demand for air support memorabilia, the Los Angeles Police Department Air Support Division has launched online store,Â www.LAPDairsupport.com.Â All proceeds from merchandise sold on the site go directly into the Air Support Angelâ€™s Foundation account which is a certified 501(c)(3) organization.
The Los Angeles Police Department Air Support Division (ASD) is the largest municipal airborne law enforcement organization in the United States and operates from the LAPD Hooper Heliport.Â ASD provides ground officers with valuable tactical information.Â The helicopter crews assist with thousands of arrests, pursuits and crimes in progress.Â The LAPDâ€™s airborne law enforcement program began with one helicopter in 1956. Today, the Air Support Division (ASD) is the largest municipal airborne law enforcement operation in the world with yearly flight totals exceeding 18,000 hours annually. Many suspects would have eluded capture without the assistance of the helicopter.
The online store was store was created to meet the demands of the community who want to purchase ASD helicopter merchandise. There is no minimum order size and products are shipped within two business days.
The Angelâ€™s Foundation helps provide continuing education to LAPD helicopter pilots and observers and purchases supplies and equipment that are not funded by the City.
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe