As part of its ongoing efforts to provide members with the best value in health insurance, Blue Cross of Idaho today announced the addition of the Life Flight Network (LFN) as a contracting provider for Blue Cross of Idahoâ€™s preferred provider organization (PPO), traditional and managed care networks, effective September 1, 2011.
â€œOur members can have even greater peace of mind knowing they have in-network coverage for air transportation if they have serious accidents and emergencies,â€ said Ray Flachbart, President and CEO of Blue Cross of Idaho. â€œBlue Cross of Idaho has the most comprehensive healthcare provider network in Idaho and we are pleased when we can make it even better for our members.â€
Life Flight Network provides air and ground critical care transportation for seriously ill or injured patients from the scene of an accident or from one hospital to another. LFN strategically places its bases throughout the Northwest and Intermountain West to provide maximum coverage to the communities it serves.
â€œWeâ€™re thrilled to become an in-network provider for Blue Cross of Idaho and their members,â€ said Life Flight Network CEO Michael Griffiths. â€œThis agreement reflects the growing demand for air medical emergency transportation and Life Flight Networkâ€™s continued commitment to being the leading provider of this important community service.â€
The addition of Life Flight Network enhances Blue Cross of Idahoâ€™s provider networks, potentially saving members money. Receiving services from an in-network provider usually means a lower copayment, lower deductible and lower coinsurance for a member, depending on coverage.
About Blue Cross of Idaho
Blue Cross of Idaho, a not-for-profit mutual insurance company, is a leader in delivering innovative health insurance products, services and information to more than 600,000 members. For 65 years, the company has served its customers by offering health insurance at a competitive price and has served the people of Idaho through support of community organizations, programs and events that promote good health. Blue Cross of Idaho is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. For more information, visit bcidaho.com.
About Life Flight Network
Life Flight Network is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS). In 2010, Life Flight Network was named one of the 100 best non-profit organizations to work for by Oregon Business Magazine and in 2009 was a recipient of the Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) Program of the Year award. Life Flight has administrative offices in Aurora, Oregon and is owned by a consortium of Legacy Health System, Providence Health System, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and Oregon Health and Science University. For more information about Life Flight Network visit www.LifeFlight.org.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award