[electronic translation] The Directorate General for Armaments (DGA) has ordered 11 October 2011 the renovation of seven Cougar helicopters (six machines in the Army and the Air Force).
This command is part of the contract to modernize the entire fleet of military helicopters Cougar Eurocopter notified in January 2008 to 220 million euros.
The aim of the renovation of the Cougar is to maintain operational readiness of 26 utility helicopters:
– By upgrading their avionics to bring it into line with changes in the regulation of general air traffic;
– Modernizing their self-protection system to meet the evolving threat air defense;
– Integrating the information system terminal light aircraft of the Army (ALT SIT).
The main task is the Cougar helicopter tactical transport (capacity 20 people), day and night.The missions are associated transportation equipment or aid to civilians in the event of conflicts or natural disasters in areas inaccessible by road.
The tactical airlift capability of the Army today is based on parks utility helicopters Puma and Cougar. The renovated Cougar is likely to remain an essential tactical transport ground forces along the NH90 helicopter.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Airbus AS332 EC225 – Proposed AD 20-140 – Placards and Markings
- 28-Aug-30 JA332T Airbus AS332L1 Nagaoka, Japan
- 25-Nov-19 Airbus AS532 Liptako, Mali (11F)
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- 31-Oct-19 HL9619 Airbus EC225 Dokdo, Korea (7F)
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand
- Concorde Battery approved for AS332