M6toll is continuing its long term support of Midlands Air Ambulance charity by donating the funds necessary to purchase desperately needed flight suits for the air crew.
Midland Expressway Limited has generously covered the Â£10,000 expense as part of their promise to support the charity for a further three years.
The business has faithfully supported the charity since 2004 and this substantial donation raises their total contributions to Â£170,000.
The flight suit appeal was part of a renovation initiative to celebrate the charityâ€™s 20th anniversary. This renovation included refurbishment of the charityâ€™s Staffordshire Air Base, earlier this year. The base at Tatenhill recently unveiled a new hanger, helipad and crew accommodation and this refurbishment was only made possible by funding from local businesses.
Tom Fanning, CEO of MEL, explains why Midlands Air Ambulance charity is so important to the company. He said; â€œItâ€™s a sad fact that over 50% of the incidents the Air Ambulance responds to are road traffic accidents. We believe it is only right that we support the charity as much as we can, after all they watch over our roads and our customers.â€
Stef Langford-Brown, Corporate Fundraising Manager for the Charity said; â€œMidlands Air Ambulance receives no government or national lottery funding and relies solely on the generosity of the public. We need to raise Â£6million every year simply to operate. A substantial part of that figure is raised by the support of local companies and we are ever grateful for their support.â€
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform