Med-Trans has announced the opening of their newest air medical program, AeroCare – Seminole, TX. This life saving program will serve west Texas and New Mexico 24 hours a day, seven days a week beginning October 31stÂ .
The region will benefit from the superior clinical care and great reputation built by AeroCare over the last 20+ years as well as the aviation expertise of Med-Trans.
The AeroCare program has two base locations, Lubbock, TX and Clovis, New Mexico. The newest location to the AeroCare family, Seminole, Texas will transport patients with a new Bell 407 helicopter, which is designed to facilitate optimal patient care. Med-Trans aircraft are equipped with state-of-the-art safety equipment and features, such as night vision goggles, radar altimeters, GPS navigation, satellite tracking and communications, and helicopter terrain alert warning systems (HTAWS).
Rob Hamilton, Sr. Vice President of Business Development for Med-Trans Corporation, said, â€œAeroCare has done an incredible job serving the region and providing critical care to patients throughout West Texas and Eastern New Mexico. The Seminole location allows AeroCare to expand, providing this indispensable service to counties that could benefit when time is of the essence.â€
â€œAeroCare is recognized as an industry leader in safety and clinical care. The AeroCare staff and crew will work closely with hospitals and first- responder services throughout West Texas and New Mexico. This is really a win-win opportunity for all involved,â€ said Bobby Sanchez, AeroCareâ€™s marketing manager.
With aircraft based in Lubbock, Clovis and now Seminole, AeroCare provides 24-hour emergency care for area hospitals in more than 62 counties covering more than 250,000 square miles, across West Texas and Eastern New Mexico. CAMTS accredited since 1994, AeroCare offers fixed-wing and helicopter air ambulance service to Covenant Health System, University Medical Center and Lubbock Heart Hospital as well as other regional hospitals. AeroCare’s three helicopters and one airplane are certified as mobile intensive care units and are equipped with extensive life support equipment essential to providing care to patients in life-threatening and emergency conditions. AeroCareâ€™s dedicated team of highly specialized flight nurses, paramedics and pilots are prepared to meet needs of the most critically ill patient. AeroCare received the 1999 Texas EMS Air Medical Service Award from the Texas Department of Health, and, in 2000, became the first program in the United States to be recognized for 20,000 consecutive hours of incident-free operation.
Med-Trans Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a leading provider of air ambulance programs in selected locations throughout the United States, focused on establishing partnerships with foremost hospital systems, medical centers and EMS agencies to provide customized air medical programs through specialized delivery formats, including alternative delivery models, community based models or traditional hospital-based models. The companyâ€™s extensive fleet delivers teams of highly trained medical and flight professionals to patients requiring emergency medical care and transports the patient to the appropriate medical facility.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week