Alexandria, VA. â€“ The Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) is proud to announce its 2011 Program Director of the year, Thomas P. Judge, CCT-P, Executive Director, LifeFlight of Maine.
The Program Director of the Year Award, sponsored by Bell Helicopter, recognizes Mr. Tom Judge for his superior level of knowledge and management prowess, quality leadership through visionary and innovative approaches, customer service, safety consciousness, marketing ingenuity, community service and overall commitment to the medical-transport community.
Thomas P. Judge has a thirty-year background in pre-hospital emergency medical services. He began his career in the field as a primary paramedic care provider, has been a system planner/regulator, and continues to work as a practicing paramedic. Tomâ€™s leadership and uncompromising approach to safety have enabled LifeFlight of Maine to blossom. He is the model leader, providing fiscal and emotional support in equal measure.
Judge currently serves as a consultant / surveyor for the international accreditation medical transport standards group at Joint Commission Resources, a division of the JCAHO and has been involved in EMS program developments across the US as well as projects in the UK, Ireland, Canada, and South Africa. He is an active professional member of the National Association of EMS Physicians, a faculty member of the National Medical Directors Course and Practicum, and is a founder ambulance member of the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh.
Thomas Judge is the past President and served on the Board of the Association of Air Medical Services. Former Board Chair of Maine EMS, the State Regulatory and Licensing Agency, Judge has worked extensively in both the public and non-government sectors and has a wide background in the design and implementation of emergency medical care systems.
About Life Flight of Maine:
Our mission is to provide a statewide medical helicopter service that transports critically ill and injured patients, following the highest quality of care and rigorous safety standards. LifeFlight is a nonprofit service that is jointly operated by Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems and Central Maine Healthcare Corporation. A steering committee made up of officials from both healthcare systems provides oversight. Era Helicopters, LLC of Coatesville, PA oversees, operates and maintains LifeFlight of Maine’s aviation services.
The Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) is the only international trade association serving the entire air and ground medical transport community. AAMS strives to enhance the medical transport industry by promoting the highest level of industry safety; promoting quality patient care; inspiring commitment to the industryâ€™s work, causes, and viability; and providing superior service to its members. For additional information, visit the AAMSâ€™ web site at www.aams.org.
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- 10-Jun-19 N200BK Leonardo AW109E Manhattan, US-New York (1F)
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109