The Helicopter Association International’s (HAI) two most recent conventions and trade shows, HELI-EXPO 2010 and HELI-EXPO 2011, were honored recently as being among the largest trade shows in any industry in the United States. And HELI-EXPO 2012 is on track to be even larger.
â€œThe trend we are seeing is continued expansion of our industry, both domestically and internationally,â€ said Karen Gebhart, HAI’s vice president of Business Development & Expositions. â€œHelicopters provide essential services to the public. The ability for our exhibitors to meet with the key decision makers, present their aircraft and related products and services in the exhibit hall, and produce meaningful sales to an international market at one venue is key to the success of HELI-EXPOÂ®.â€
As the aviation industryâ€™s largest trade show dedicated to the international helicopter community, HELI-EXPOÂ® continues to grow.
HELI-EXPO 2010 was recognized as an honoree at the recent Trade Show Executiveâ€™s Annual Gold 100 Awards & Summit. Based upon the showâ€™s more than 243,000 net square feet of booth space, HELI-EXPO 2010 in Houston, Texas ranked among the 100 largest trade shows in the United States.
HELI-EXPO 2011 in Orlando, Fla. saw net square footage increased by more than 16 percent from the previous year. HAI was also honored at the Trade Show News Networkâ€™s Annual Event Excellence Awards on Nov. 5. HELI-EXPOÂ® won recognition as one of the â€œ2011 Top 20 Fastest-Growing Trade Shows in Net Square Footage.â€
HELI-EXPO 2012 (February 12-14, Dallas, Texas) is going to be another record-breaking show. As currently configured, the exhibit hall spans the entire length of the Dallas Convention Center, with more than 90 percent of the space already sold. More than 50 helicopters are scheduled to be on display in the convention center.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center