In a ceremony in Luanda on Tuesday 8th November, thirteen new pilots were presented by Angolan National Police aviation commander JoÃ£o Lello to general commissioner Ambrosio de Lemos.Â In his speech to those present, Mr Lello said that the pilots had been trained in Brazil along with twenty maintenance engineers.Â A further nine pilots and a second batch of twenty engineers continue their training in the South American country today.
The Angolan National Police has a fleet of ten Eurocopter AS350B3 helicopters, delivered from 2009 through to May of this year.
Angola is a demanding operational environment, where the climate varies from cool, dry and semi-arid to hot, humid and rainy.Â Situated in South Western Africa, the country is rich in both minerals and oil with a population of around 18.5 million people.Â Twice the size of Texas, with 5,198 km of land boundaries and a 1,600km long Atlantic Ocean coastline, Angola also has a vast inland plateau, where terrain elevation reaches as high as 2,000m amsl.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- EuroTec Installs First North American Maximum Pilot View Kit
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- BLR Aerospace Announces First H125 FastFin System Factory Installation
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350